Prostar imitation

Dacon62

• Baller
From deep in my memory banks, Mike Brendell originally worked for Mastercraft. When he went on his own with Ski Brendella in the 80s, he spashed an 85 MC. His two partners ousted him from Ski Brendella in 91-92 and he kept rights to the name. At that point, Ski Brendella became Calabria. Mike then started MB Boats in 93 and licensed the 89 MC190 hull from MC. When MC switched hulls in 1995, he then licensed the 93 190 hull, which stayed as the basis for the MB Pro Boss 190 through at least 2001.

• Baller
As I recall from a conversation with Mike B the 190 and 200 had the same running surface. The 190 was the closed bow and had the fuel tank on the floor under the rear seat (not removable if I recall) the 200 had the playpen bow and a clear floor in back along with a massive trunk (MB's signature feature of the time). I skied a couple of the 200's and the wakes and build quality was impressive. If you find a well cared for boat it should be a nice pull.

• Baller
I had a 91 MC (my first real ski boat) with a 240HP. Unfortunately the engine died in that one so rather than re-power went to an MB Boss 190 with a GT-40, a splash of the 91-94 MC hull. Besides the extra power there were some modification to the running surface that improved tracking, helped reduce the propwash bump (compared to powerslot) and lowered spray. Basically an improved 91-94 MC. The build quality was better and the huge rear trunk was great for going out on big lakes. Would take multiple wake boards and skis (including 68" ones easily). Rear seat was removable, fuel tank vertical in between trunk and interior. I think it had a much better wake than the slant-back Nautique of the time and the then MC. The gelcoat work was incredible, no taped pin stripes there. Never did like the 200 though and the Plus model wakes weren't the same either. Sweet, sweet boat. One of the best older ones. But not in the same class as a current CP, 200, MC or Bu.