Square One Distribution to Release Mapple T3

Horton

• Administrators
Haaa @Dirt I forgot to tell you when I talked to Jeff Rogers the other day I told him I had a friend his ski really well on the T2. His response was "oh you mean the helicopter pilot?" Apparently KLP and Jeff have been talking about you.

• Administrators

I had a nice talk with KLP tonight. The story goes they started with the T2 and then changed nearly everything to make the T3. Width, perimeter shape, rocker, and bevels have all been tweaked. The touque box has also been positioned. The new skis is said to be more forgiving from apex to hook up and faster side to side.

15 minutes on the phone is not enough to write a real report but I am darn interested in this ski.

• Baller
I apologize, as it's off topic, but mappleskis.com is offline. I anticipate seeing the new site owned by Square One to come up soon. I need some replacement parts. I'm hoping Square One will carry a lot of the Mapple line, but I'm betting I'm going to have to get a replacement R-Style liner from Reflex in all black. I like the one I bought from Andy, but its wearing out.

• Baller
@Horton In your conversation with KLP did he mention if he will be involved with any customer service question on tweaking the ski, etc.. One of the big things with the original Mapple was Andy's expertise in the product and helping dummies such as myself with problems.

• Administrators

@"Pat M" I don't want to literally speak for KLP or SquareOne but I believe that KLP intends to continue what Andy was doing in terms of customer service.

@aupatking pure speculation - I do not expect they will continue to sell Reflex stuff

• Baller
@Horton i have also talked to KLP and he gave me permission to say, "while I can't replace Andy, I will do my best to help any Mapple customer ski there best." He also mentioned that the new t3, had a very good reception in Mexico at the worlds, and he sold several skis there.

• Baller
Square One has official taken over. I had ordered a ski case, actually forgot about it. Square One called me this week asking if I still wanted it. The person told me everything had been switched over. I need to call them back. I'm going to have list of questions ready see if I can get some more details about availability and marketing plan. I'm guessing square one will distribute them through there dealer network. The person did mention KLP several times.