Its a 3-PEAT in M4!!!!

skibug

• Baller
I spend as much time on the water as I can but Minnesota has that whole winter thing plus 40 hours a week in the office creates substantial limitations on that. I still ski more than a lot of people during the months I can but I think there is something to be said for the idea that in reality this sport has novices, average joes, nearly pros (deep 39 consistently) and pros and we all know those scores. Ability based events may make the competitive side of the sport more appealing to new skiers which would then grow the sport. For all the talk of competitive skiing dieing away this may be something to take a deeper look at. Anyone who plays by current rules and wins did it fair and square in my book though.

• Baller
I want a division for skiers that work 60 plus hours a week, has two kids, lives in a state that you can only ski less than 8 months a year, is over both 6 feet 4 inches tall & 300 lbs and has a awesome wife. I think I can be competitive there. I hope my wife does not divorce me...then i don't have a chance.

• Baller
See the thread on B2 to B3. @ntx, you may be on to something. A division for everybody. But wait, something like that has been going on in kids sports for some time. Don't keep score and everybody is a winner. Can't have losers...their self esteem may suffer.

• Baller
Would someone more qualified than myself mind turning this topic into a poll? I'm not exactly sure how to phrase the options or really how many there should be. In addition I have never felt it was worth the travel time for regionals much less nationals and rarely do anything outside local class C stuff. That aside I would be interested in seeing this in a poll and maybe not in a post started to celebrate an excellent ski performance of a fellow baller.

• Baller

@millertime38 - "because I want to compete against the best, not the best of the average"

Using that philosophy, if I could run 39 often and had won multiple Reg and Nat's, I would want to move on and 'compete against the best, not the best of the average'....which in this case is MM, right?

Nevertheless, congrats to Don, who seems like a humble, good guy.