New Hampshire skiing

Zman

• Supporting Member

Not horribly far from me/@MikeT/@chef23/@rayn in Natick MA -- Googlemaps says 1:20 but the traffic along that route can be a bit nasty.

Dubes Pond in Hooksett NH is about 40 minutes away. @Ali would probably be your best bet there. In fact, there's a tournament there on the 22nd (that I'll be at) if your plans are malleable.

I think there's still a ski site in Sanford ME, under an hour away, but I don't think I know anyone there.

Even closer is a one-skier site in Lee NH, but I don't think he is actively skiing this year for various reasons.

• Baller

Thanks @Than_Bogan @Edbrazil

Looks like Hookset might be best bet, esp if some will be grabbing some practice for tourny on 22nd. Would have been great to ski with you guys on 22nd but think might flight out is too early. Either of you be around before Saturday?

I'll try to contact @Ali

Wolfeboro could be a good backup. Just further drive.

• Baller

Only current SL course that I know of on Lake Winnipesaukee is Wolfeboro's Back Bay. By water,

got to go all the way into the Wolfeboro arm of the lake, and then go under a bridge that

Wolfeboro's main street passes over. No tall boats will fit; ski boats should be OK. At the

right time and weather, you can free-ski for miles and miles on Winnipesaukee.

• Supporting Member

Be aware that the course in Wolfeboro's Back Bay is rather tricky to drive. Club membership is required and that comes with a lesson in the driving pattern. If you just drive it "normally," you will run your boat aground.

I actually managed to ground a boat there one time in a tournament. They had changed the marker buoy setup a little, and I stupidly thought I already knew what to do because I had driven there many times before. But by misinterpreting the buoys, I basically drove right onto the underwater island. Miraculously, there was no serious damage to the boat, but my reputation was permanently damaged :smile:.