1999 Ski Nautique Storage solutions

rodltg2

• Baller

Don't get me wrong , love my boat , it skiis and performs great ! Although it spends most it's life at the ski lake , I do frequent public lakes wth the family as well. Problem of course as with all older DD is room. With young kids , a day on the lake means lots of snacks , drinks , towels , change of clothes and so on. So I run out of room quick. Plus I have bumpers rolling around as to not let my boat get scratched at the Marinas. Making everyone get up to get under the observers seat is a pain. So I only keep the coast guard stuff under there. I was thinking about adding some sort of removable storage box in the step thru at the rear seat. Have it level with the seats but come out almost to dog house. Also thinking about a removable jump seat. Anyone done anything like this ?5sy0fdzqrrt7.jpg

2avgap0356y2.jpg

• Baller

It's just part of the game. We've done boating trips with all the kid stuff AND a portable course in ours, same hull. We try to keep all the equipment on the driver's side of the doghouse and keep the other side clear.

Don't underestimate the dashboard and the glovebox on those boats for storage.

4356279869_eb4ebc2efb_z.jpg

• Baller

Storage box between the back seats sounds good, I'd also see if you can use any of the space in the rear seat pedestals by making just the cushion removable if they are not already.

Tower for storing boards and skis is a huge space saver in a boat that doesn't look like it has any ski storage.

Seen a few jump seats like that in Responses where it was a factory option. Couple guys on Malibu crew have had upholsterers make them.

• Baller
I have a Nautique filler seat from a 206 and we stick it behid the driver seat when family is visiting, limited surfing and teaching from the boom. Otherwise it rests in the garage and iuf necessary someone stays behind. My bumpers (fenders) are the low profile with 90' tops which fit under my rear seat on my 98.

The first pic is my boat LOL. I had the jump seat built and it has storage underneath and it is great. I ski into 35 off and it does not come any where close to the person sitting there. I would think that deeper it might but at age 50 I doubt I will get any better than I am now due to time on the water. It was one of the best things I have done in my boat IMHO. It is one of the first seats picked by my kids (youngest is 15). All the little pieces of gear like gloves extra rope and handles little clips for towels goggles etc. and my chamioux for drying off the boat all reside there.