98 nautique in texas

foxriverat

• Baller
@foxriverat Pretty sure that is Ronnie Martin's boat. I have no first hand knowledge of the boat, but Ronnie has been in the tournament scene forever in Texas. (At least 25 years that i have known him) He was a excellent three event skier that has slowed down a little with age. Great guy.

• Baller

Lot of boat for the $$. Fantastic wake and driving experience for that hull. I ski two TSC1's regularly and open at 28 off. This weekend I skied a new Prostar and a new Txi...from behind the boat equivocal for me on wake. Skied a 'Bu' Response Lx recently...had two people in observers seat and the 28 off opener wake was a distraction...better by 32 off and gone by 35 off.

For 10 grand if in nice shape with star gazer already dialed in...lotta boat.

• Baller
Yes the price is great. Ive never skied behind one. But from everything I have read here. The wake is great at slower longline which is where Im at right now 28 mph 15 off. Working on getting my speed up. I have been skiing behind a 02 response lx and a 03 response lxi and those wakes are great at slow speed. The lx being a little better. I have a guy coming to look at my supra thursday. Only thing is that 98 nautique is 900 miles away from me. When I saw that price I was ready to get a loan untill I sell mine and take a road trip. But now Im thinking I should just wait to sell mine. I dont want to have 2 boats and end up giving mine away out of desperation. Hopefully mine sells and that ones still around. I doubt it though.

• Baller
Funny @Jody_Seal , I couldn't even get the Houston Nautique dealer to call me back after numerous phone calls when I asked for a quote to turn an 05 196 into a DBW ZO boat. Should have just towed it East!!

• Baller

Why not just keep your Supra? Something you don't like about it that you think will be that much better in the Nautique? I've skied behind both at 15 off and slower speeds and I don't remember the Nautique being so dramatically different that I would feel it would be worth the switching costs. Granted, I skied behind the Supra back in the '90s so my memory could be failing me.

I now ski regularly behind a friend's '98 Ski Nautique and my own '97 Mastercraft 190 and find the wakes pretty similar at 15 off. The Nautique does pull me out and up to speed a lot faster, though. Seems like I remember the Supra wake being relatively small and quite soft. I remember really liking that wake.

• Baller
@TallSkinnyGuy the 15 off is not a problem. It's the 22 off hump thats pretty bad. My boat doesn't have perfect pass. So that's another $1300 if I want that. My thinking is if I get $11000 now for mine. Ski on both my buddies malibus. We're all on the same river. And they never want to ski behind my boat anyway. look for a newer response or nautique with a pp at end of season or if a good deal comes along. And I'm upgrading for not much more.

• Baller_
Bubble back vs a TS6M... There is no comparison when at longer line, slower speed or both. I should know. I owned a TS6M for 10yrs and a bubble back for 11 this yr. Bubble back hands down. It is why I made the switch....I was getting older and my daughter started skiing. Had to have the smaller wake. Get out of a 96 Supra and into a 97 to 99 SN for almost the same 11k maybe a bit more is a no brainer. Same motor. Take the 11k. I would not pay any more for that Supra. The fact that it's not one of the big 3 depresses the price somewhat.

• Baller
Well, Wish is clearly more of an authority on this subject than I am since my experience with the Supra is almost two decades ago and I only skied behind the Supra around a dozen times or so. I do like the '98 Nautique I get to ski behind, no question about that.