Picking size ski

humphreyt57

• Baller
If on borderline of weight what are benefits of picking larger and benefits of smaller ski size? Start out early season 32mph work on technique then progress to 34mph. Weight also issue because of age at 58. Ski from 22off to maybe 35 off.

• Baller

A smaller ski will turn better but will have more drag

A larger ski will be require less physical effort and will work much better at 32. It will also be easier for your deep water starts.

These days bigger skis turn really well...I would generally suggest the bigger size.

• Baller_
"Ski the longest ski you can turn." KLaP I am on the cusp between a 67 and a 68. The 68 works way better for me, especially at t. Best bet is to try both and see for yourself. If you can't, I say go with the longer ski.

Lpskier

• Baller
@humphreyt57 As skis get bigger, they also get stiffer, but some are softer than others. Bevels can make the same sized ski ride real deep or real shallow. And most sizing charts are not as scientific as they look. It really depends on everything from the ski to your technique, so ideally you should demo both at the same time before deciding.