Finally A New Ski

ALPJr

• Baller
After a couple years of thinking, asking questions and chatting with skiers I finally said it's time to give the HO Phanton a rest and ordered a 2015 HO Superlite TX. I have not been this stoked about skiing in more than 20 years. I think this SL TX is one of the best skis available right now. At 55 it's time to dial in my ability, desire and age with a new ski. 4 to 6 clean passes between 15 to 32 off a couple times a week, and a few 4 to 5 mile free rides in our brief New England season and I'm very happy. I'm thinking about preserving my body for 20+ more years of skiing. Now I'll just need to find a pro to help me dial in the fin.

• Baller
Some day soon I hope @"Mateo Vargas". Our oldest son is living in The Bay Area now. 20 years ago I spent pretty much every weekend skiing in the Berkeley brine, except for a couple events in Saco or the Delta. They were good times hanging with the Berkeley and Marin crews. The tourneys there were always lots of fun.

• Baller
The SL TX arrived and it's a real beauty. I tried on the XMax boots and they are super comfy and I really like the direct connect system. It looks kind of wide though compared to my Phantom. Since ordering it a couple skiers who've tried the new HO crossovers have steered me towards the SL CX for my current max level -28/-32 @ 34mph. After sleeping on it last night I called the shop to exchange it for a SL CX that will be here next week. :)

@ALPJr, sounds like you are doing some great demoing. You are a pretty high level skier, will you be skiing some sets on the tx sl, and at some different speeds, so you can compare it to the cx sl? It would be great if you do. I really like my cx sl; still getting used to the slightly different feeling, compared to my 2014 tx Sl. Weight?, 67", or 69"? Please post back regarding what you think, and how it goes. Thanks.

• Baller
@bogboy no demo. It's packed up for ups pick up. I tried my buddy's 2014 SL TX which he picked up for a nice price at Wiley's. Very nice and better suited for course skiing that the 2015 IMO. The 14 has a step bottom and standard bevels on the tail. The 15 has a clean edge tail and they eliminated the steps.