Denny Kidder Interview

Horton

Thanks @Horton! Great interview. Have more respect for Denny Kidder now than ever. And I have an old Kidder Redline packed away along with an old pair of Kidder jumpers. Still ski on a KD7000 trick ski!

It's was awesome to be TC for Nate's first record too!

• Baller
I've heard lots about Denny over the years how down to earth, and what a good guy he is, and the proof is right there. I started on a redline and moved to another, then to a KD7000 slalom. Been a huge fan of his products for going on 30 years. Great stuff @Horton !

• Baller
@Horton that was a great piece. I worked for Kidder in the early 80's and this brought back a lot of good memories of a man I truly admire. What he said about it being a team effort to produce the skis is very true. He has a great respect for everyone that worked at the factory, from the teenager cleaning skis fresh out of the press (me) to the lady working the front desk, we all felt like a valued member of the team. To this day I don't think I have worked for a better manager. I still have my have my first custom made Redline, will never give that up, and I ski a D3 today.

• Administrators

Hang on you guys. If you really love it there is a longer version. This version is WAY longer than it should be but I have another 20 or 30 minutes of footage.

I will publish the uncut version sooner or later.

Goode HO Syndicate   KD Skis ★ MasterCraft ★ PerfSki  

Radar ★ Reflex ★ S Lines ★ Stokes

Drop a dime in the can

• Baller
Very cool interview. I didn't know that Stinger was a Denny Kidder company. I am curious what type of skier was Denny in his younger days? I am always interested in what drives people to do what he has done and what type of skiing expertise is needed to design excellent skis.

• Baller

KD sponsored our collegiate team to the tune of "EP" pricing on everything they made including skis and Blindside boards. I remember getting KD7000's with bindings and bag for about $350. This was huge for a small team trying to stay afloat.

• Baller
Really well done, John. Thank you. I've been on Denny's skis since 1980 (Stinger jumpers) followed by Kidder slaloms. That is the first time I've ever heard Denny speak about his companies and skis and it just makes me want to stay on his product even more.

I was absolutely glued to the screen watching that. Thanks for doing the video John. I learned more in that 30 minutes (and the factory tour) than I have over the entire 45+ years I've been skiing. Denny and his amazing journey is one of the reasons I am fascinated with our little niche sport. Keep up the good work!