To the organizers of the Orlando Pro stop...if there is one.

Wish

• Baller_

With the recent event at Ski Paradise and talking with @OB, it just makes sense to run a pro tour stop with side by side courses. Here in Orlando, there is a perfect site with a straight, course length, groomed open shore line for the crowd that could easily accommodate such a set up and the courses could be extremely close to shore....well one anyway. Accommodations for the crowds would be unparalleled as it is already a multi sports complex and fairgrounds. Just 10mn from Downtown and a well known site by the locals. With that said, when it comes to the joe public, I really cannot think of an easier way for them to grasp and really get into what is going on then to use side by side courses. The skier that falls first...looses. It could not be more simple to understand. They can root for the skier on the red course (red boat) or the blue course (blue boat). They can root for a US skier over a foreigner or a name they may recognize... whatever. It should cut the tournament time by almost half. Run the prelims side by side as well. That could get a little sticky but I bet that could be worked out as well to shorten time. Announcers can still educate the public but if what they say goes over their heads, they will still understand who won and who lost with ease. What would look cooler then dueling walls of water in six high speed hair pin turns...spectacular.

So here's hoping it is heard by those in the know. If big, involved, excited crowds is what we are all hoping for at these events... I cannot think of a better way. Can you?

e1jmlfw9fwqn.jpg

Some where out there is a video of how it really looks. Just can't find it.

• Baller

I kinda hate to admit it, but that's a really good idea. Allowing people to easily understand who won is a pretty huge step toward "spectatability."

Why I hate to admit it: I personally don't like head-to-head, because it results in a lot of situations where somebody stops skiing. It totally bums me out to NOT see some amazing skier attempt -41 just because that other guy didn't run -39.

But even among competitors, I think I'm in the minority. And "clearly" any novice will prefer head-to-head.

• Baller_
@Than_Bogan it's better then the silly 4 ball course they've been using for the past several years down here. I get what you're saying though. But these pro stops have all been more about getting crowds involved. Thinkn this would do it..or help tremendously anyway.