April swerve

LZywicki1

• Baller

Did 13 sets at Bennetts last week. As usual it was incredible. Mid 80's and sun daily. As good of coaching as I've ever had anywhere. 3 squares a day, can't complain. Already ran deep -28 passes, falling over early and wide at 6 ball on one. Hoping this year is pretty pivotal.

17059440365_da82736e4a.jpg

• Baller
@OB Dane is a killer skier. One of the best pullouts and gates I've every seen. Extremely light on the line and efficient. Had the pleasure of seeing him ski from the boat in a practice set last fall at Bennetts.

• Baller
Finally got on the water today! water 48, air 63. The season begins! We still have to get the balls in... maybe Wednesday. There was of course celebratory beer. Samuel Adams New World in the Chimay glasses that stay at the lake... a Belgian Tripel style ale.

• Baller
@slvrbulit and @"Keith Menard" you guys should come out to one of the tournaments in Oakham. They are June 20-21 and July 11 & 12. Slalom is usually on Sunday and Trick & Jump is on Saturday. There is a great group of people and a way to meet other skiers. There is a wide range of skier ability and a fun division that will guarantee a couple of passes.

• Baller

I ski Wallum a lot actually. My boat is kind of hard to miss :) The people on the lake are pretty divided between THAT THING IS AWESOME...and I WANT TO THROW ROCKS AT YOU!.

I am also part of a ski club in Webster. Wallum doesn't have a course, and Websters looks more like an obstacle course than a straight line :(

I joined INT last season and did my first tourny...I suck :)

• Baller

@"Keith Menard" INT is a great way to start that is where I started with my kids. One of the nice things about most AWSA tournaments is that they are multiple rounds and if you ski fun class you are guaranteed 2 passes as well. We all feel like we suck at times don't worry about it.

The Kokernaks from the Webster ski club are super guys and good skiers. Only one of them slaloms much anymore so they aren't as invested in the slalom course.

• Baller
Getting closer, haven't been Cross Country skiing in 4 days, haven't been downhill skiing in 3 days, ice still covering lake but starting to show signs of breaking up along the shorelines. Looks like one more weekend of snow skiing and maybe waterski same day. Ice out hopefully in a week, teens for temps tonight doesn't help.

• Baller

Our lake is filling up and should be ready to ski in a few days, but the weather report is calling for rain, snow and wind. I should have taken my ski partners up on the offer to stay with them in Fort Meyers on the lake that @oldjeep skis on.

@oldjeep - do you know, or ski with the folks from Colorado? Jr and Kathy are our neighbors, and Kenny and Sue are also good friends. Both couples have condos on that lake and ski on the 196 that parks on the floating dock. They are there now through the end of May.

• Baller

@Marco I might have met one of them a year or 2 ago. I remember meeting a guy from Colorado, I think his wife was still there. This year I was only out skiing briefly with my father in-law (Harold) and his buddy Roger. I think the boat/lift you are describing is the same one that my father-in law owns part of.

http://oldjeep.com/images/SkiStuff/WP_20150402_009.jpg

• Baller_

Went for a free ski tonight on Lobdell Lake in Linden. First time out since mid-October. Air 63, water 57. Just a quick set to get the stretching and pain started. I should be running some buoys on Friday, albeit in a likely diminished capacity.

@CaleBurdick, the buoys are in at Tivoli.

The worst slalom equipment I own is between my ears.

• Baller

Funny how the small puddles warm up. We were still in the 40's when last I skied...way back to last night!! After tonight will have skied 4 of last 5 nights open water.

@MS AWESOME LOOKING BOAT!!! Take care of her for me.

• Baller
Water in the 50s at my lake. Skied at Chet's in early April. First day skiing at home was the 15th (tax day). Open water skiing that day and the 16th. Put my course in last night and skied it this morning behind the new ProStar. Count me happy! Looks like windy weather coming along with some work travel, unfortunately, so probably a week before I get to ski again.