Used ski for 22-32’ @ 34mph? Advice Sought

vtjc

• Baller

I am looking for advice on what used ski to seek out. Last season I damaged the bottom of my 67” D3 Z7, falling off the platform, which I liked. I am an avid course skier on small public lake in Vermont. I am 5’11” 205lbs(hoping to get under 200 for summer), I have skied into 32’ off at 34mph, but spend most of my time at 22’-28’ off at 34mph. Some skis I am considering are a 66” Goode N1 RFF, Radar Lithium or Senate 67”or 68”, D3 Fusion 67” or 68”? I would be paring this ski with my Radar Strada bindings. Any advice or experience will be greatly appreciated!

• Baller_

Connelly will be releasing its new GT in the next couple of weeks, meaning that there will probably be a number of "like new" Prophecies available. The Prophecy is a deep riding, forgiving ski that works particularly well in the cooler northern water.

Of the skis you are considering, the only one I have owned is the Nano One. Frankly, I hated it. I'm unfamiliar with the Fusion, but if you can find a Helix, you should give it a try as well.

You probably want a 68". I am not sure whether the hole pattern on your bindings will line up with a Connelly, but a call to Connelly will answer that question in a snap.

Lpskier

• Baller

@vtjc - I'm right about where you are ability-wise, and I just went from a 2011 68" D3 X7 to a 2015 67" Lithium Vapor without skipping beat. I am skiing better than ever after only 7 or 8 sets. My -22 and -28 passes at 34 are relaxed with tons of time and space before the ball, and I can feel my -32 attempts getting more relaxed and consistent. Those passes used to be a lot more work. I also went from 210 lbs down to 188 since October, which is why I went with the shorter Vapor. I also kept my binding set-up. People love those Vapors (and Senates and Stradas), and now I know why. @Horton has a great review of last year's Vapor here on BOS, and my understanding is that nothing has changed except the color scheme.

Your mileage may vary, but I would at least try one out.

• Baller

Have to agree with @bassfooter I am currently demoing 2 Radar skis; Graphite Vapor and Lithium Vapor.

You're a better skier than I am but I have skied the Graphite Vapor a few times into 28 and liked it.

Yesterday I tossed my Strata bindings with sequence plate on the Lithium and ran straight into 28 like it was something I do everyday without any effort.

Think I will be spending some money in the next couple days.

However it will be money WELL SPENT! :)

• Baller
Thanks for the replies and advice. I got a recommendation from Chris Rossi to try a 67” Vapor Lithium. I make look for one of those. Still about 2’ of ice on the lake, but it has started to melt.