D3 Helix 2 first impressions

Horton

• Administrators

I am now have 5 rides on the H2. It me takes 20+ rides to really understand a ski and I am not anywhere near in season fitness. That said I think the D3 guys might have some lightning in a bottle with the H2.

I am mostly running 32 off with the occasional the 35 so I have no idea what will happen at 38 or 39 but so far the Off Side turns are now magic. My technical is pretty messy but so far the ski is lovely.

Video Tracking by Wakeye

Current Settings

29 3/4

7 degrees

.771 slot

.7535 flat

6.935 Tips

Goode HO Syndicate   KD Skis ★ MasterCraft ★ PerfSki  

Radar ★ Reflex ★ S Lines ★ Stokes

Drop a dime in the can

• Administrators
@"Steven Haines" that is a H2 specific starting point I got from Crawford. That fin is pretty forward & long. It works so I am not questioning it. When I start skiing a lot I may try for a less radical settings.

Drop a dime in the can

• Baller
@Horton So far it sounds like your describing the first version of the Helix. A slick ski with cracking off side turns, its a pity you don't have time on the first version as a basis for comparison. The argument for me to switch from version one would have to be pretty compelling, we should have some H2's here this week so I might be tempted to try one.

• Administrators
@Stevie Boy I ride review skis for about 25 rides. I need to do all that skiing when I am more dialed in. So I am going to set the H2 aside for a few weeks and then start the formal review.

Drop a dime in the can

• Baller
I just rode the H2 for the first time yesterday and I was very impressed. It took me a couple passes to get used to the extra speed (especially at the gates) versus the Quest, but once I did it felt really good. My first impressions were that it carried more speed and turned with less effort than the Quest. The end result for me was that I was skiing at a more constant speed through the course and I had less upper body movement. I only took the one ride, but I'm thinking this ski will help my consistency and ultimately lead to higher scores. I'll update this thread once I've skied on it a bit more.