What would you do for a FREE Wakeye?

Horton

• Administrators
The good folks at Wakeye are going to be providing me with some gear to give away. So what would you do for a Wakeye?

• Administrators

@msuws well looks like I will be getting 4 Wakeye to give away over the year. My guess is you have to win 1 of 4 contest that I have not yet designed.

If you want an edge on the competition I would like to see you ride your trick ski in the snow, being pulled by a car and wearing a bikini.

• Administrators

@wish you do not think asking him to be on a trick ski in the snow in Michigan in winter in a Bikini is enough?

ou might be right.

• Baller_
I think at least one of those contests should be a nomination type of award where the submission demonstrates somebody contributing substantially and selflessly to the growth of the sport or the development of new skiers. People that hold new skier clinics, coach/instruct, or otherwise have a practical need for one of these for their involvement should be considered worthy. We've had a few discussions here about giving back and promoting water skiing. Here is one way to recognize it.

The worst slalom equipment I own is between my ears.

• Baller

No ski partners within 2 hours of here. Lucky my wife is a great sport about driving. But, I need some video feedback.

I promise to post video of any captured triple cart wheel OTF's or other spectular or funny crashes. There are sure to be some.....

• Administrators
@zman that is compelling. You might just want to buy one in case you do not get to win one this year/

• Baller
If i won i would first use it to grow the sport by taking out some youth from my neighborhood who have never skied before and teach them how to slalom ski. Of course all of the action would be captured on video using the wakeye. Later copies of vid would be made and sent home on a disk for these youth as part of what i would hope will be a day to remember for them and there friends.

• Administrators
You guys do realize I am just teasing you? I will be giving away 4 Wakeye systems over the year but begging is not going to get one. There will contests or enter to win type lotteries.

• Baller_
I bought my Wakeye last year with the shock tube tracking arm and regular camcorder mount. I bought the regular tracking arm a month ago to provide another option. I'll be ordering their universal smart phone and the optional tablet mount soon. I really like the modular approach and available options. Each order has arrived so fast, considering it's from New Zealand. I'm hoping to really work on some things this season with the video feedback to assist.

The worst slalom equipment I own is between my ears.

• Baller
ship it to me, ill put it up against my own homemade device and see if it is better in the categories of quality of video, convenience, and safety. if i find it wins in a combo of all categories ill keep it. pretty sure ill be sending it back though.

• Baller
I would document the progress of a 100% course newbie from April 2015 through the rest of the summer to show what commitment, coaching and persistence are worth in this sport! Hoping that my progress will give more 40 somethings goals to reach for each year. AGE IS ONLY A #!