Another Way to Track our Skiing

skinut

• Baller
I would love to have the weight distribution sensors on a ski, it would be convenient to be able to measure how much I am over-leaning backwards and know how much I need to compensate without going too far forward.

• Baller

@Than_Bogan - the russians were doing this same testing in the late 80s or early 90s with trick skiers being pulled by winches in an olympic size swimming pool. they had sensors in the bindings sending pressure point data through a small wire. the other end of the wire went to a recording device in a powered cart that was driving alongside the skier. i am not making this up.

when the skiers reached the far end of the pool they would carry their skis back to the starting end while a trained russian circus bear swam back to the starting point with the handle in his mouth -all the while un spooling the cable for the next skier. okay i did make that last part up it wasnt a trained bear it was a dissident that was forced to do the swimming. i just didnt want to give @Horton any ideas about what to do with dissidents.