Ski lake between Bend and Tumalo, Oregon

bstphen24

Delivered some containers for our company out there the other day and noticed a beautiful ski lake! Just wondering if anyone has any info on it or knows anything about it? It is fairly new, maybe 1-2 years old, as it was not there the last time I was out that direction. Would be great if I could get in touch with someone involved with it.

• Baller_
Well, I now know I don't want to move to Oregon - or at least that particular area. There was a similar situation here in Michigan. A group of skiers wanted to buy some land to dig a lake and split some lots. The local township denied their plan and the deal fell through. The main argument was the use of the land for motorized recreation. Apparently, the officials didn't notice the other landowners flying ultralites from their property or racing ATVs around their property - maybe they were doing that for work instead of recreation. It is interesting that it was a township-specific issue. Other townships in Michigan have had no problem with new ski lakes and developed real estate.

The worst slalom equipment I own is between my ears.