Ski Length

tony

• Baller

Im on a 67" Radar Lithium - weight is 190 - 195. Should i be on a 68" Lithium? What are the benifits of a longer ski? I run 35 about 50% of the time.

-

Second question - impression of the Radar Profile boot. I'm on animals now, but need to change.

Thanks for the insight.

• Baller

Ski size choice is mostly about support. Does the ski have enough surface area, the right bevels, and enough stiffness to support the weight and potential loads put on it by the skier? Weight has to be the primary metric. That's why the charts list shorter skis for 36mph than for 32mph. Higher speeds deliver more support.

Height probably means nothing if the skier stays nicely centered in the ski. But the increased leverage of a tall skier leaning over the front of the ski would overload the tip easier than a short skier of the same weight.

So I'd say a skier that moves around a lot on their ski should consider the next size up, especially if in the high end of the recommended weight range for that ski. Some manufacturers will even pick or build you a ski in a softer flex so it flexes for your weight but has the surface area to support the leverage of your height.

• Baller

You should ski both and decide from there, Partially why it is advantageous to find a shop or manufacturer that offers you a demo period. I am on a ski that is "too big" by industry standards, but I ski it better than the one that is "suppose to fit me......."

Try before you buy. Maybe you will run 35 100% and be a 50% at 38? Imagine that!