MasterCraft Withdraws Sponsorship of the Pro Wakeboard Tour

Horton

• Baller

@BrennanKMN‌ Ouch! (I skied behind a bayliner for the last 9 years before I got my Malibu this year) I actually like open water skiing, you can screw around and do things other than perfect sine waves.

Side note - is there actually a course on Lake Auburn? I've never seen anything but fishing boats there?

• Baller

@oldjeep I mean no offence! I stared running the course behind a old SeaRay.

My love for the course probably comes from my years of snow skiing. For 10 years all I did was race slalom between the gates, so it was a natural progression to buoys.

There is a course on Auburn, but we try to keep it a little quite. The fisherman are not overly fond of it and often like to park in the middle. I have been skiing almost exclusively on that lake for 3-4 years.

• Baller

I don't get offended too easy, just thought it was funny since it described me pretty well ;) I've ski raced for 30 years and haven't really found that it helps me out a whole lot in the water, never been able to overcome my natural tendency to get forward on the ski.

I'll have to take a closer look at Auburn the next time I'm at the DQ. I would have thought I would notice lines of buoys unless it is a submersible. I live in Victoria in the older part of town.

• Baller
@6balls‌ @BrennanKMN‌ Well that's good to know. Don't worry I won't be over there tonight poaching the course ;) Might be curious enough to take the paddleboard over there for a look though. My open water driver (wife) is pretty freaked out with close quarters so I doubt I'd be trying to use it anyways. My course drivers have a house/boat on O'Dowd, so that is where I've done all of my course skiing this year.

• Baller

@swc5150 No, nothing that fancy for me. Just high school racing (grad in 88) and Nastar/Beer league since then. I instructed out at Mount Kato when I was in school and coached the race team there for a year. Instructed at Highland for a few years after that.

• Baller

@swc5150 I skied with Ski Jammers since I was 6 and I raced with my high school (Hopkins) up until 2011 when I graduated. It was a great time and I miss it. However, at this point it my life I am much more into water skiing.

Funny enough, my high school alpine coach was the guy who gave me first pull through the slalom course. I entered one side a snow skier and come out the other ski a water skier.