OB4 "Guide" first draft

Than_Bogan

• Baller

I haven't managed to get a single picture in here, but I created this on the plane recently and it seems like it has enough info to be worth sharing as is.

Hopefully improve it as we go. Feel free to leave suggestions in this thread; I may eventually find time to incorporate them.

(updated link 9/4/14) https://docs.google.com/document/d/1M3z1wtYSyhHVQGdpaH_UOD2dEW0jhYlMHtD0eoizspg

• Baller

Unlike @Than_Bogan‌, I did have to move my bindings back from where they were with Reflex. Overall, great system.

I also have one of their new hardshell boots, which is very sturdy and I found it to be more comfortable the the power blade boot.

• Baller

Fixed a nice typo:

"cut the toe off your rear foot"

uh, boot...

@skidawg I definitely recommend them. If you're already a "shell" skier (i.e. hard or soft shell) then I think it's kind of a no-brainer (except maybe a single plate with Gatormod is competitive for overall safety).

And now I can also recommend them to those who have been on rubber for eons, including those who had a bad experience with shells -- because that was me!! It's not a trivial transition, but I think with the help of my "guide" almost anybody can succeed in moving from rubber to the soft shell OB4s.

• Baller
@gsm_peter people use Strada boots with Velcro release with the laces pulled tight. Based on that I would think that Vectors would work fine with the OB4 if you can figure out a way to get the boot connected to the plate that goes into the binding.

@Than_Bogan‌ Like you getting back into the p80 boot (I use a single plate) after the first set was difficult. What works for me is was right after I get out of the boot when I complete my set, I push the liner snugly all the way back into the boot right away. The liner slides right back in then. Plus when I put the boot on for my second set my foot now slides right in, just about the same as when the liner is dry. Maybe the combination of the water still being in the boot and liner, that the liner has not had time to deform, and or the liner is warm makes this work better?

You may want to give it a try?

Great guide! I checked and the plate on the bottom of my boot had moved off center so I realigned it. During the off season I will upgrade the mounting as you suggested.

I have released multiple times trick skiing from various angles catching side edges, front and back of the ski. Releasing really takes the slamming into the water out of those falls. Slalom I have released on early in the season failed one ski starts (still recovering from 2 year ago injury). Never have had an unwanted release.

• Baller
@skidawg‌ just click on our ad banner to go to our website, contact info there. @kfennell‌ dozens of skiers of all different levels are using the OB4 System, and the number is growing.

Mike's Overall Binding

USA Water Ski  Senior Judge   Senior Driver   Senior Tech Controller