Goode Nano

Winston

• Baller
I have been talking to many of you on powershell sepperation on goode nano i have tried many things Rick @ goode sent thier 250 tape i put 2 strips on both sides then on 4 corners on binding plate they sent 400 4'' on each corner overnight no charge in case i had purchased the wrong tape but i had got it from them. Pat from sturbridge mass he offered to come out we set up ski to all std adjustments looked over plate proper size with boots he brought his powershell setup his almost identical to my setup we went out and skied 4 passes then checked out holding together plate and ski made a few adjustments ran 4 more passes ok that day no seperation day 2 we went out 2nd pass just crossing wake seperation powershell setup and ski .Ski somehow went upside down under my feet and stayed under me with fin digging into lower back twice . the only thing we came up with is posssibly it needed to be banged down more with dowel it was looking solid and clamped together but the only time i did not tap over plate with dowel since new tape from goode installed Pat was supprised when ski and binding seperated and said i was in good position then it popped. I have checked and tapped with dowell every time for 4 rounds of sking in course skied a little easy hoping for no seperation . So far no release since we will see this weekend hopefully it wont release i like the ski but feel a little gun shy with seperation. I have met a great guy pat and he also introduced me to kevin his ski buddy and i have skied with him since . I thank pat for comming out to help at the drop of a hat He has a passion for slalom as i do. Thanks again Winston

I purchased the 9800SLR late last summer and have been using it in the course this year. I love the ski and bindings but I can't get them to work together. First month or so I had no real problems unless a hard fall. However post, they separate at least 3-5 times during a 4-5 set morning. I've had the bindings separate just crossing the wake. It's like the boots yell "eject" and just release. I hear you Winston and am extremely gun shy. This morning they released over the wake and I did two summersaults across the water. If anyone knows how to fix this problem I'd appreciate it - I do use a dowel and hammer before each pass...

@KRMeadows‌ when was the dual lock replaced last? If it worked for a whole then started releasing prematurely it may need replacing.

I've skied with dual lock for more than two years (on different skis) and have had zero issues. It's released when it should and stays together when it should. Initially I did need to add some additional dual lock and change the outboard strip on the binding plate to 400. Also I'd recommend replacing all of it once a year.

I am not one of those who use a dowel and pound the binding into the ski. Something about beating on a fairly fragile piece of carbon fiber doesn't go well with me. I use the handle end rubber mallet and go around (and inside) the binding plate and basically press them together. I work hard to cover the entire plate listening for the dual lock to engage. Pay extra attention to the front and rear of the plate.

actually, teammalibu, i stand corrected and use the dowel before each set (not after each sit down). But yes, I've been told this is what you have to do. I will try better/stronger interlock (400) but I'm gun shy and going back to the Prophecy for a while... FYI - I have the Response TXi so why would it release over that tiny wake :)

@KRMeadows‌ I have 250 in both clear and black. So color isn't always an indicator. The little mushrooms are not quite twice as dense on the 400 as they are on the 250. The 250 looks like its "missing" every third row.

The 250/400 connection has the highest load values. Remember you don't need to change ALL of the dual lock to 400 of you're looking for more holding power. If you have more room to add 250 to the plate and binding I'd start there. Then I'd start swapping SOME of the 250 on the plate to 400 until you stop ejecting.

That said I'd replace if it's been a whole.

• Baller
I don't use the stuff, but something I haven't heard anyone say is this: if it has released several times (don't know a magic number) you need to replace it. It won't last through a lot of separations and re engagements. I know you've had problems from the start though.