New HO Ski and binding system

Horton

• Baller

My spy network is a little more fine tuned than @Horton‌'s

Here is the new ski and bindings. The bindings look interesting I'm assuming they are bungee release with no liners. The plate they are on looks to be moulded/ built into the ski as it is not attached to the standard inserts. I'm guessing through the bottom of the boots to other inserts in the ski.

tkcxlhfv3ycg.jpg

• Baller
The boots screw through the bottom of the boot into inserts in the middle of the ski, in a pattern similar to a wakeboard. Thses are prototypes.... The ski itself is wider in the front, like the S2, narrow in the tail like the A3.

Mike's Overall Binding

USA Water Ski  Senior Judge   Senior Driver   Senior Tech Controller

• Baller
Having not seen this ski and bindings in person this is what I am wondering. Most skis are designed with certain bindings in mind. @SkiJay‌ usually points this out regarding 2 plated attached to D3 skis and the floating Sequence plate with Radar skis. Was this ski and the bindings designed together? With out the standard alum. plate mounting on all the holes would it not change the standard flex(feel) of the ski as well as the torsional flex of the ski?

• Baller

I read this off the label. V - Velocity. Wider front and flat under feet for speed but tail narrows like an A3 for tighter turns. Something about speed and angle equals velocity.

The top of the tail is angled down to essentially make the tail side profile thinner - runs up to the about the front of the fin. It had the normal binding inserts and then a series of insert down the middle for the new boot setup. Oh and it has the textured bottom. Looking at the ski design the tail is the only thing that really jumped out at me.

Also the emblem on the front is laser cut stainless and is supposed to weight the front end to help dampen vibration. I think it may have been adjustable.

• Baller
The boots attach directly to the ski, no plate like what everyone is used to. They are very thin profile, but stiff. Probably a good amount of weight reduction with the design, I just personally wonder 1) how durable they will be without the plate 2) side to side support and control given the lack of a plate. I really don't know, just wonder about it. CWB has a similar concept in their wakeboard bindings, and it's great for certain things, but all the stress is put on the connection of boot to ski, lacking the support of a plate, boot or regular plate.

I looked at them, didn't think about taking a photo. Lesson learned.

To me they looked like entry level stuff. The inserts were larger than normal, but it still looked like it wouldn't hold up.

Time will tell, I'm sure HO knows more about it than I do.