65.5 Goode XTM

jayski

• Baller

Ya know. I finally bought slot calipers so I could talk fin numbers with other Goode skiers. For me the DFT with the slot, or with my old normal calipers using the "head" is almost identical. Seems odd that I see some numbers posted that are very different.

No input on the XTM, but I am again on the Nano One and am running a bit shallower and longer than when I first tried it 2 years ago. Seems to work well.

• Baller

Done 5 sets on my new XTM, run a 35off (which is not easy for me as usually my success rate is below 20%, looks that it will improve with that ski). The ski feels awesome, turns effortlessly both offside (magic could be the assymetrical rocker) and onside turns, finishes the turns with unbelievable angle and sets you early and wide for the next buoy.

Settings: Front Boot (Reflex) at 29,25 back foot (modified Goode like a reflex R-style) 16,50

Fin: (as arrived from factory measured with 2nd gen slot calliper) L: 6,8195 (jaws), D: 2,49, Fwd_Bck 0,719 wing at 8.

• Baller

This ski rocks, I had 4 four sets over the weekend and run 35off on every set (first time in my life), using factory settings on the standard fin (up to now I was on the slot fin). Not yet into 38off.

There is a lot of hype with the new Mapple T-series, in my opinion the performance of Andy and Jeff is not indicative of what a ski can do (these guys where co-world record holders with 1@9,75 at 36mph years ago when skis and boats technology was not so advanced) but rather of the average Jo.

Horton do you plan to test the new Goode's any time soon?

• Baller

mylemsky From last June (when my Nano Twist Mid 65 broke) until mid July I was on a 66 Nano One from mid July until mid September on a borrowed Nano Twist Mid 65 like the one that broke (run a practice PB on it of 3@38). Until now the latter was the best ski I have ever ridden (using a slot fin with different settings than the ones posted at Schnitz's site (significantly longer and a bit shallow - 2,554).

The XTM is an improved Mid, it has amazing turns on both sides (first time I feel that I can correct mistakes made previously in a pass on my offside turn) and carries cross-course speed effortlessly. Have done 10 sets so far on it as I am mainly a weekend skier (sometimes I manage to have one set midweek).

• Baller
Last weekend I had my 2nd competition of the season and 1st on the XTM. Conditions were challenging especially temperature wise due to unexpectedlly bad weather for this time of the year (air 17C water 23C from 30C and 25C respectively of last weekend and September so far), almost matched my competition PB with 2,5at 35off (PB is 3at 35off) but after an excellent start (1 and 2) and rushing 3 (a common mistake also in practice that drives down my success rate at 35off significantly).