Do I have a handle issue?

skialex

• Baller

I was just before the drop and realized that my handle is not straight(rope). It could be recent or it could be like this for a long time.

Do you think that it can affect my skiing or should I forget about it and keep using it as it is not important?

• Baller
If you mean the triangulation is not as it should be, STOP using it. It's getting ready to come apart at the elongated end. You got lucky, as I did last year. I noticed mine when I dropped at the end. Got back to the dock and tugged on it a little and the rope came out of the handle end. Could have been a shocking fall on the next pull.

• Baller

I had a broken handle before and it's nasty, but this one looks ok when I inspect the rope, I have it for over two seasons though but looks like new no signs of wear.

I'm worrying that you might be right though, thanks @LeonL‌

• Baller

Literally, what are avoiding cracked ribs, knee ACL, etc.. worth? I have broke my share of handles and ropes over the last 40-years, and invariably, guess where it happens? Not in a cushy turn, or deepwater start, but right behind the boat when you are accelerating, and when it lets go, you have no balance point to help you, so you tuck and roll if you can, and let the chips fall.

I had one side of my handle break once (which is what you are headed for), and the whipping action of the handle getting pulled on the good remaining side just about broke my thumb. Gave me a good gash and blood was streaming down out of my glove and it hurt like hell, I didn't even want to take my glove off to look at it, thinking a bone or something was sticking though my skin.

REPLACE IT NOW.