2014 Malibu Open

Horton

• Administrators

Here is the entry list http://www.malibuopenfestival.com/registered-skiers.html

Question? Is it the Nate Smith show again? It is time for Freddy Winter to take control of the skiing world? Asher, Parsons, Travers, Rossi, T. Winter and KC all have to be ready to step up...

Oooo yea and Parrish has been skiing good. Should be a good show.

As for the ladies. Sure Regina I extremely nice but watching her win slalom is like watching Freddy K win jump. I am cheering for Geena and Manon. I see Karina in the field.... Hmmm we all know what she has done in past years.

• Baller
I think Nate will have some competition this year because he hasn't been skiing as much. This might be parish's open, he hasn't done well here lately but I think he makes the top 4 cut. Freddie winter and Kc will be contenders for sure this year. As always I gotta root for the Wilson bros!! I'm hoping to see karina ski well and make the final.

• Baller

Watch it for a couples of hours yesterday.Great job from the commentators,not easy speeking of waterski for 12 hours.

Highlights for me:TWinter missing the finals with 2@41,Ryan Dodd last jump under pressure to beat Freddy and Nate is definetely from out of space!

My ski finish in 16.95 but my ass is out of tolerance!

• Baller

Saturday Scores. I think these are right

Open Men Slalom

Nate Smith USA 6@41

KC Wilson USA 1.5@41

Thomas Degasperi ITA 2@41

Chris Parrish USA .5@41

Terry Winter 2@41

Will Asher 1.5@41

Nick Parsons 1.5@41

Jon Travers 4.5@39

Adam Sedlmajer 3.5@39

Jason McClintock 3.5@39

Daniel Odvarko 3.5@39

Tyler Yager 3.5@39

Nick Adams 3@39

Carlo Allais 2.5@39

Joel Howley 5@39

Steven Nevue 4@35

Open Women Slalom

Regina Jaquess USA 6@39

Whitney McClintock CAN 4@39

April Coble-Eller USA 3@39

Karen Truelove-Krueger 3@38

Geena Krueger 4@38

Manon Costard 3@38

Makayla Haw .5@38

Taryn Grant 2@32

U21 Mens Slalom

Dane Mechler 2.5@39

Sam Jackson 2.5@35

U17 Boys Slalom

Robert Pigozzi 5@38

Nick Lang 4@38

William Montavon 1.5@38

U21 Girls Slalom

Brie Carter 3@38

Taylor Woosley 1@38

Erika Lang 5@35

U17 Girls Slalom

Bailey Austin 2@38

Allie Nicholson 3@35

Geneva Roach 2.5@35

Abbi Grathwol 1.5@35

Open Men Jump

Ryan Dodd CAN 238 (PB)

Freddy Krueger USA 237

Zack Worden USA 223

Bojan Schniper GER 221

Rodrigo Miranda CHI 220

Scott Ellis USA 216

Alex King NZL 189

Brian Kinney USA 0

Open Women Jump

Jacinta Carroll AUS 173

Regina Jaquess USA 169

Lauren Morgan USA 165

Manon Costard FRA 162

Nancy Chardin 162

U21 Boys Jump

Sam Greenwood USA 187

Chris Wharton GBR 177

Jack Critchley GBR

Nathan Kelm

U21 Girls Jump

Charlotte Wharton GBR

Brittany Greenwood USA 143

U17 Girls

Abbi Geratewohl 118

Geneva Roach 108

Julianna Boskus 0

U17 Boys Jump

Nick Lang USA 173

• Baller
Can't say enough about how great the event was and thank the Proskitour for all their efforts. Thanks for putting this on and running a first class tournament. We really enjoyed going and won't miss one in the future.

• Baller

I watched a ton of it on the computer over the weekend. I really liked how I could stop the video and come back and pick it up where ever I was.

Some amazing skiing. Ryan Dodd's jump set was unbelievable and to beat Freddy by a foot on his last jump was very cool. It was great to see KC make his first final and I love seeing April and Karen make the final four given that she and Karen are parents and W3 skiers competing with the kids.

Finally Nate and Regina do seem to really be on a different level these days.

• Baller_
+1 for Ryan Dodd's jumping. I just don't remember ever seeing leaps that consistent for all 3 attempts. Probably wrong but still impressive. It is amazing how standout Regina and Nate are considering in Mens 34 at a Big Dawg it seems to be anyones game among 5-6 skiers. And if you take either one of them out, it's anyones game among many pro men pro women as well.

• Baller

We made it over Saturday just in time to see Freddy's last jump, Ryan Dodd taking the win, and then some incredible skiing in the slalom finals. (also got to watch Nate at the midwest regionals on Sunday)

This is the 3rd Malibu Open site I've been to; Bell Aqua in Sac and somewhere in MI (Quake on the Lake in 2008?) were the others. This was by far the best setup for watching a tournament.

• Baller
Nice work @Kelvin - I watched a great deal of it online over the weekend and thought you did a really good job covering the event. I also liked that I could stop the play, and resume when I was ready to do so...Very cool

• Gold Member

Watched quite a lot this year since I couldn't make it to Eastern Regionals.

LOVED IT!

I also created a twitter account to tell those guys what a good job they were doing! (And then later used it to remind them -39.5 is actually almost exactly 2.5 feet short of the buoy, not 1.5 like they kept saying.)