67 vapor

Deanoski

• Baller

Just wondering what setting's skier are using on the 67 vapor I have tried matts and Chris setting and a comb of the 2

I'm settled in at Chris's stock settings

been running 3-4 at -38 55k off the dock. I feel now that this will go down soon.

reflex fb 29 3/4 willey rear 18 2480 6870 755 9 wing

with the boots forward (30) I was getting great 135 off side but losing ground coming into 246, so after reading another post.

I remember Horton saying to much angle out of the off side will set you narrow into 246.

A big thx you for that one John!!!!

Deano

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Baller
@ShaneH - let me measure it when I get off the road this weekend and I'll let you know. At first, the tail was pushing too much for my comfort at 30+ and Mapple worked some fin magic that really feels perfect for me and that ski (just don't have the 's right now).

• Baller_
It feels like you can really get on the front of the ski and it will not break you forward. Very little effort needed to make the ski accelerate. We will play around a bit with the fin and see whats else is in it. I love the offside turns.

• Baller

So, what do we think most people have settled on for fin numbers? More people like Rossi or Rinni ?

I have been better with the boot back a bit. That is making sense to me since I'm at the top of the bracket for this ski in terms of weight. - 200 lbs.

I would think that a lot of people on this size vapor are lighter than that- so for a given setting they are getting less tip pressure. They might prefer Rinni's numbers, while those of in the tuna class might prefer Rossi's numbers.

Thoughts?

@MattP‌ Rini's settings put slightly more ski tip in the water, so the ski finishes with more angle. Also I feel like the edge change is earlier/quicker/easier due to more fin tip but less fin depth. Rini's settings freed up the ski compared to Rossi's, but as a result Rini's settings give up some stability compared to Rossi's numbers. At the end of the day, it wasn't a huge difference. I would definitely ski both settings to see what you like best.

• Baller
I've skied both. I prefer rossi's settings. I feel the ski is more stable and turns just fine. Brooks set me up with those settings and actually moved my rear binding forward from where I had it. I pb'd that day and tied it again the next. I set it and forget it.

• Baller
After 2 yrs if frustration on another ski, I have now posted back to back personal bests on my vapor. I started with Tunis numbers and have since switche to Rossi's numbers. This is a great ski...tx Chris Rossi for all your help in developing this great ski

• Baller

@gginco mentioned a drop in scores between his silver Strada and orange Strada and I was sharing my experiences since we are a similar height and weight and I have skied on every year's Strada. I'm not sure on the actual flex measurements but the different layup in the 2012 & 2013 changed the torsional flex which to me felt like the ski was softer so I went up to a 68". I also actually skied with him last Saturday at at Regionals so thought he should consider a 68" Vapor for Laku.

I haven't been Vaporized yet but the Dawg has spoken and mandated a 68" so have one coming.

• Baller
@"Mateo Vargas"‌ I actually very happily ski an XT but my ski buddy has the orange radar and he's the one I'm talking about. You probably skied with him at Laku as you mentioned. Anyway....he has turned the orange radar into fire wood and is resorting back to the silver one until he can get his hands on a 68 vapor to try. There was a 67 available for him to just try out so I was hunting for any number anybody on the "too big" for a 67 might be using.

• Baller
Been stuck at 3@35 for several years now, this week on my vapor tied my pb, then have since increased it 3x up to 2@38 and I'm sure if I would have really reached I could have got to 3@38. This thing rocks. @chris Rossi tx and your numbers are bang on for me

• Baller

Just taking chance here to see if I can get #'s from @Chris Rossi‌ for a 32 mph 55yr old skier on the 67" Vapor lithium in cold water of great white north. Our water rarely goes above 78 deg.

I'm skiing at 32 now cuz 2 yrs ago I broke 3 neck vertebrae with 5 cracks and am not eager to re-injure that area.

Love the ski, accelerates like mad. I have dialled in your fin numbers and am currently 29 5/8" from tail

Depending on the day, I'm running 22-32 off but not as much this year.

Really working on (and getting good results) on maintaining leverage position behind the boat but my pre-turn sucks in that I consistently go flat, bend waist and reach forward leaving ski behind.

Any set-up suggestions or things I should be focusing on @Chris Rossi‌ ?

Thanks!

And @cragginshred‌ : get well soon and showers your new belt soon, your "old" ski rocks!

• Baller
The wisdom on this thread suggested a 68" Vapor for 190 lb. over 6 feet tall. This is for a friend of mine as I'm invested in an XT for the next couple years or so. Anyway...a 68" was not available so he went 67" and it's definitely the right size FWIW. He skis into 35 most of the time with the occasional shot at 38. Thanks for the numbers @Deanoski‌ ...I will pass them alongl