Boat Drivers - Curious

Stevie Boy

• Baller

If by "Boat Driver" you mean a weekend wally who rarely, if ever, pulls someone through the course - I would say hardly ever.

The ski community is too small and usually the lake owner and/or guys I'm skiing with are usually experienced. I usually know what I'm getting with my driver as soon as I step off the platform so I adjust my expectations accordingly.

To me, the only bad drivers are one's who are:

- Distracted by conversation with passengers in the boat, (If I can see you talking while I'm pulling out for the gates... you're not instilling confidence.)

- Unfamiliar with the driving pattern of the lake (drops, set up, turn islands, etc)

If drivers are younger and experienced, I don't worry about any mistakes b/c I know they are learning.

If drivers are a bit long in the tooth, I get frustrated b/c I feel like it's an old person driving 45mph on the highway in the left lane with their blinker on.

• Baller
By Boat driver, I don't mean weekend wally, I mean somebody who does not understand how to drive the boat for a skier, the difference is that a ski boat driver can help make it feel softer and slower, while still keeping the pole straight down the lake, where as a boat driver fights the skier down the lake, determined to keep the boat straight at all costs, making it feel hard and fast.