can your ski boat do this

rodltg2

• Administrators

question is how long can you survive a colonoscopy behind nothing [ok that is the best voice to text error of all time. I've been laughing about it for 5 minutes alone in the car. let me ask my question again]

the question is How long could you survive on a slalom ski behind that thing?

• Supporting Member

Anybody know why there are two people in the boat (rather than a central driver or some ballast)? Do they use their body weight to help with the turns or something?

My 13 year old daughter thought that looked like a really fun ride. Wasn't expecting that.

• Baller
@Than_Bogan‌ I wonder if one guy steers while the other throttles. Amazing how well they corner and that the driver remembers where to go. The camera person was having a time keeping up.

• Baller_
There's a thread on here about these boats with several videos including some great crashes. The passenger is the navigator. He uses hand signals to direct which canal (for lack of a better term) the driver is supposed to go down. No idea how to find that thread but it was pretty good.

• Baller
I've seen videos of the drivers perspective before and there isn't a lot of time to prepare for the turns. I understand the passenger tells the driver where to go but I do wonder why the driver doesn't just learn the course instead. Seems like he'd be better prepared for what's coming if he did.

They used to race sprint jet boats in west richland Washington horn rapids ORV pretty amazing to watch, they stopped doing it a few years back, quite a bummer when they did. One guy would bring his boat out where we would ski, do a little test and tune, pretty fun to watch.

• Baller_
@Than: 2 crew members by rule. The navigator guides the driver via hand signals, watch carefully on any of the video's to catch how it's done. Similar techniques used in off road racing if radio issues crop up.