Mapple Demo Day

Cam

• Baller
@Kelvin - I didn't realize he sold that many skis, that's fantastic. I will say that his approach to his new business is commendable. He said something like this to me: "As much as I want to spend money on marketing and valuable outlets like BOS, right now we are still a small company with a limited marketing budget and a great ski...so my approach right now is really just about taking my story and my product to the people, helping them improve their skiing, helping the sport as much as I can...and if I can sell some skis through doing that, hopefully we can grow as a company and make some friends along the way..."

• Baller
My main reason for booking sets at the demo day was to take the opportunity to have Andy coach me and hopefully leave with a correctly set up ski for my skiing ability and a plan to get more buoys, whether it is on my own ski or a new one I don't mind just looking forward to the experience.

• Baller
I went to the demo days in Katy really great experience. Andy's really down to earth and easy to talk to. His son is driving the Mapple van from place to place, he's a nice guy also. I have a 6.0 that I bought used and Andy helped me over email get it setup. The service I have gotten has been first rate. Its a Unique marketing plan that only a smaller company can offer. Wish I had tried a 6.1 while I was there.

• Baller
I'm on a 6.0 also that I demoed with Andy in October. Really comfortable on the ski. I asked Andy at the time about the 6.0 vs the 6.1 and he replied that the 6.0 suited my skiing better. So if you are interested in the two skis I would definitely going to the demo day with him and he will set you up the right one. It was not a question of which ski is better but which one suits your style.

• Baller
@ski6jones -- I was going to measure it yesterday but my wing angle gauges have gone missing. Ordered a new set which should be here this week -- then I will measure and get back to you. Made a minor change to my gate three days ago and again today I was 50% at 38 off. Ski set up itself seems to be perfect.

• Baller
@SM‌ the factory setting ended up being the best for me my 6.0. In the past I've ended so far from factory on skis that I wondered how they got the # to begin with. He really knows his skis, hard to get that kind of experience anywhere else.

• Baller

Just home from the demo day with a new 6.0.

Skied the 1st set on my ski to get used to the lake then tried a demo ski which felt OK until Andy changed the fin setting slightly which improved the feel of the ski for me so I bought it.

Was a great experience having Andy in the boat coaching for two sets, where else can you get the designer of a ski sitting in the boat setting it up for you and coaching at the same time.