ZO getting 0.00 for 41m Segment

thompjs

• Baller
On that note, what power factor are you guys running for the 5.7 MC? I started at 6 and quickly bumped to 7. Was getting good times but was getting multiple complaints about the boat feeling weak from the second wake to the ramp. Several of our longer distance jumpers went up 3-5 letters from their standard selection.

• Baller

No problems in slalom. Would get the zeros about 1in 30 passes by Jump. Boat was mapped that day. All other times good and boat was pulling correctly.

On the 5.7 we were running we stayed at 6. Longest jumper was 130 ft.

• Baller
The power factor has nothing to do with softness from the second wake in....it adjusts the baseline speed into the course, lower the number the slower the entry speed down to a 4....it is depressed more by a higher letter up to a "T". Back to the post.....I had the same thing happen with a 200 this past week twice out of hundreds of times into the ramp but I do not believe it was a puck problem as the boat did nothing out of the ordinary.

• Baller
We had some similar issues at a Tourny but it was in slalom, boat would not pick up entry gates at one end. Came to the conclusion that we were loosing a satellite due to being close to a cliff at that end, Speed was definitely correct and so was pull. Apparently you need less satellites to control speed (hence speed being correct) but need a certain number to pin point a position correctly e.g. start gates

• Baller

ZO will try and shoot for a good time in each segment. If it thinks it is going to be slow out of the segment it will continue to gas harder to get that good time. Majority of the speed increase when the switch comes on is when the skier is coming into the first wake, so if the skier slows the boat more than it expects from the turn to the first wake, it will continue to accelerate harder than with a higher letter because it knows it will get an OK time. Lowering the letter will give better pull into the ramp.

@Jody_Seal will be able to explain it better than me and know what PF to use.