Eleeski is the target!

Horton

• Administrators

@eleeski‌

I am coming for you old man. I just worked runs that get me to 4,000 points without any wake 5s or a flip. I only need to clean up my T5B and wrap in TO.

If an can relearn my flip it would be a lot easier and at least two 5s are doable but that would take away from my "Volume" slalom trianing.

Goode HO Syndicate   KD Skis ★ MasterCraft ★ PerfSki  

Radar ★ Reflex ★ S Lines ★ Stokes

Drop a dime in the can

• Administrators
If I practiced a few times a week I think I can get the handles up to 2740 without a flip. To do that I need wrap in WLO & WL5F. would take some work. The rest looks pretty easy

Goode HO Syndicate   KD Skis ★ MasterCraft ★ PerfSki  

Radar ★ Reflex ★ S Lines ★ Stokes

Drop a dime in the can

• Baller

@allyouguys If you are out there doing sideslides or just spraying your kids or girlfriend(s?) (Wives - I'd better quit this now) and having fun, that is what tricks are all about. Double trick with someone. If your driver is good enough, do show ski pickups when someone falls (don't drop the other skier). If your kids, girlfriends and wives get better than you, that's great! (You have a better chance for that new boat.)

Maybe you will be good enough to show off a bit. Tournament scores and some friendly rivalry. All fun!

I am a perfect target - I viscerally enjoy every thing about trick skiing. I hope all of you catch me.

Eric

• Baller
@eleeski‌ you make this tricking thing sound like fun. Tell me how to get into it so I can kick both yours and Horton's but......... What equipment do I need, and how the heck do I learn? Been up on doubles a few times and a slalom trick one....... I got lots of time.......

• Baller

@GOODESkier‌ Scam one of those excellent Goode 43" trick skis. Slippery slalom is a kick. It is one of those "volume" things that gets my OK. It will help both your slalom and trick.

Actually, scam two skis. Double trick with a friend. Play add a trick - even if it's just sideslides or backs. Spray wars if the water is warm enough.

Nampa Idaho near you is a hotbed of tricking. Barry and Deb or Don at Broadside or Tevin at Gilberts are skilled and enthusiastic. Get some tips from them.

Despite my anti volume stance, hour long sets improve your tricking. Very soon you can have so many totally different tricks to work on, it's hard to get enough time to get a taste of everything - unless you have an hour. Try lots of totally different things. Don't forget to just jump the wakes.

Tricking is fun. While we don't have quite as many hardcore skiers there are dedicated pockets of serious trick skiers.

Next you'll want to jump!

Eric

You're welcome to ski with me whenever you are in Socal.

• Baller

@Horton WL5F and wrap-in WLO? I'm impressed if you can get those semi-consistent. Even back in the day, wrap-in WLO was pretty exotic.

I got out last weekend for the first time in 10+ years. Some stuff came easy. Wasn't happy with how my mid-40s physique makes a reverse half-wrap feel. Might use a 15" wakeboard handle next time just for that. Or take up yoga and see if I can recover some flexibility. Or go on a diet.

Tricking is fun. At least if you can get out of the mindset that 'falling is failure'. You will fall. A lot. It's ok.

My rules for trick skiing:

1) bend your front ankle, so the weight is over the ball of your foot.

2) head up

3) rope low

4) bend your front ankle some more

Due to 1) and 4), it's an excellent workout for your ski leg. Like I said, I haven't been out in 10+ years, but ever since my teens (when I tricked a lot) - and still true today - if I flex both my calf muscles, my ski leg's calf is twice as defined as my back leg's.