Don't forget to tune into Swiss Pro Tricks this Sunday

https://www.swissprotricks.com/

Horton Horton

Why I still love my "old" Nano One

Than_Bogan

• Baller

Although I haven't yet seen entirely new buoys at -39, I can now safely say that this ski has changed my expectations and my attitude about certain passes.

For all of my career at 34, I've consider -35 as "the hard pass" and -38 as "the reach pass." Because I really wanted shots at -38 but wasn't completely confident at running -35, I would generally shorten after any successful -35.

Last season and now this, my thinking about -35 is pretty different. Yesterday I did back-to-back -35s, which given the small number of sets under my belt this season is pretty terrific. But the big thing is it didn't seem like some sort of miracle. It seemed like where I expected to be. Next I'll try to get four -35s in a row to get really ready for -38, just like I like to do at -32 to prepare for my first -35 of the season. In the past, that kind of thinking wouldn't have really been an option at -35: I knew I wasn't going to run four -35s in a row.

• Baller
@Horton‌ even when a tournament is next weekend? How do you approach that? I was running 4 35's in a row, but still don't feel they are mundane.......... I might never shorten to 38??? In all seriousness though, I do believe owning the pass is a HUGE BENEFIT to the next line length.

• Administrators

@GOODESkier‌ the short version is it is different for everyone and of you have a tournament in a few days you may change your plan.

The long version is.... I have follow a method I learned at the US Olympic Training Center 20 years ago. I will see if I can set down and put it in writing this week.

Goode HO Syndicate   KD Skis ★ MasterCraft ★ PerfSki  

Radar ★ Reflex ★ S Lines ★ Stokes

Drop a dime in the can

• Baller
@Than_Bogan‌, as a Canadian, we're all for modesty and not taking credit, even when it's due... but it's possible the thread is mis-titled and in fact you are the reason you're running 4x -35s in a row. The ski helps, I'm sure, but don't sell yourself short. Great work. Keep it up.

• Baller

@andjules While I am profoundly aware that correlation is not causation, the correlation here is awfully strong. If I am skiing better, it's not much. For me this ski is a measurable improvement.

Thanks for the all the support everyone. I didn't quite realize I was going Compliment Fishing, but now I know how to catch some! :)

• Baller

@MS I guess I'm allowed to veer off topic since I started this thread. Two questions:

1) A 65" Helix is replaced by a 66.25" N1? I thought the N1 was a little wider than traditional and so if anything one would go shorter?

2) Are you really selling the Helix before she even has an N1? I do love the N1, but I'm a big fan the bird in the hand philosophy, too.

• Baller_
@Than She has skied mine and likes it. I am in the camp with @Horton that its a 65.25 or nothing on the N1. I am done chasing fin settings on the Helix. We will keep it until a new ski shows up but I think she will ski better on just about any other ski out there.