Carbon Pro vs. 200

Ilivetoski

• Baller
So yesterday I got the opportunity to ski the Centurion in practice. I had skied it in a tourney before, but in a tourney your more focused on the buoys than what the wake feels like. I can say this, I 100% honestly feel that the centurion has a smaller wake than the 200. I just could not believe how good that boat skied, I have heard from a few other people that they have the same opinion. What do you guys think?

• Baller
IMO the wake is better. But the 200 drives better. You can stick your girlfriend, mother, or a little kid behind the wheel of a 200 and they'll do a decent job. But the wake on the Centurion is sweet. I personally think it's the best of the Big 4.

• Baller

The CP is the boat many skiers have been looking for... awesome wake, reliable engine (PCM), easy to maintain (flooring), well thought out design (bimini, ballast, platform/transom, etc.) at a much lower price compared to the other 3.

I've skied behind a CP more than any other boat this year... there's one at LaPoint ski park (which probably has the best wake ever), one at Seth Stisher's Training Center in Charleston (just spent a week there), and there's one (for sale) at Bellalago in Ohio.

There are very few downsides to the CP. I expect them to continue to do well as more people ski behind them.

• Baller_
May i just say, what brilliant move on Centurions part to put the CP in the hands of @Horton and BOS. Gotta be the best advertising dollars ever spent. I think my 196 TSC1 has better wakes the the 200. Have not compared to the CP. Maybe a trip down to KLP's

• Baller

@Wish‌

I think the 200 will have slightly better wakes at slower speeds and longer lines... my daughter has an easier time running her 15, 17 & 19mph passes behind the 200 than the CP.

That said, I think you will like the CP wakes b/c they are more similar to the TSC1... i.e., not "foamy" as the 200.

I've found there to be subtle wake differences between the CP's I've skied behind. Each one is a different year and each owner has a different preference on how to use (or not use) ballast or additional weight in the boat.

As the world's greatest, most under achieving and wake sensitive 15off skier ever - I really like the CP and have the same confidence skiing behind it as I do a 200.

In tournaments, if there are 3 men in the boat, I prefer no ballast... though I don't seem to get to make that request when I'm sitting in the water. :-)

• Baller
I drove a CP for the first time (pulled @Ilivetoski) a few days ago and found it to be much less "on a rail" than even my '08' 196, much less a 200. A good bit more rudder torque would help a lot in my opinion. The owner was satisfied with the torque, however. Overall driving impression was good. Transmission clang when shifting into gear is a bit disconcerting. Interior noise is more than PS, 200, TXI or 196. This may be due to no carpet. No wait, the PS had no carpet either. No reflectîon on the CP, but the PCM just up and died Friday pm, while pulling practice. Don't know the cause yet. So I didn't get to ski behind it in the tournament.

• Baller
LaPoint ski park Carbon Pro is for sale! $29,500 firm. @ob let me know if you have seen a lower price on any 2010 or newer boat from the top 4? Our boat is proven winner. Will, Nate, and Parrish have all run 41 on this boat and they like the way it skis! Ours is 2011 with under 1k hrs, heated seats, heater, brand new 2013 trailer w/under100 miles on it! @scarletarrow thanks for details about our boat and your wake review of this boat! If anyone is serious about this boat, call me 330-283-2599 to set up a free coached ski set with KLP! Get a chance to ski it and drive it, then make up your own mind about Centurion!

• Baller
My dad looked at Lapoints CP. Yes, its $29,500. Its not in good shape. The linear on the inside of engine cover is ripped off, the switches are broken, my dad said its just torn up. They apparently never take it out of the water (common in FL), great ski boat if you dont care about the interior of a boat.

I'm just running mine without most of the engine cover liner, at least a few hundred hours on it since it came out and no issues. It weighed like 100 lbs, and it was falling apart when I got it. Most 2012+ boats wont have that problem as they have a different engine cover.

• Baller
Ours makes the same weird noise when we turn it off, almost like a rattle. Definitely a clunk in and out of gear too. Kind of get used to it, then you drive a Nautique and remember how loud the transmission in the CP is.

• Baller

The condition of this boats interior says how the rest of the boat is kept. If the boat looks like a science experiment with film on the hull and so forth just brings up the question how often was the oil/ transmission fluid changed?

As far as the drive ability of the carbon pro vs. 200. The 200 tracks like a train very little wheel movement and very responsive. The carbon pro that I was in handled lets just say very poorly.

If everybody on this tread thinks it such a good boat at a great price over MC or the 200 then why cant Centurion find anybody for there promo team??????????????

• Baller
@Horton, so your boat doesn't clang when you put it in gear? The owner of the boat I drove over the weekend says it's the shift solenoid (no mechanical shift linkage). You'd think all of them would do it. Accepting that as the source of the sound, it's not a problem, just an aggravation to listen to.

@SkiKolb‌ We learned to spend a few hundred bucks on getting it detailed and maybe a few more hunny on some upholstery repairs. But, we always change the oil.

Best deals going are high hour engines in late model boats. These aren't cars. Engine, tranny, steering cable, strut bearing. The rest doesn't move and doesn't wear out. Find a good independent mechanic, he'll get a kick out of working on something he can pull the engine out of in 20 minutes. Valve job, bore, turn crank, maybe a cam. Doesn't matter if they changed the oil.

This thread is getting fun. Almost......an independent boat test. Unless there is a reputable rebuttal, it would seem CP is quite a bit harder to drive then 200. But the wakes are comparable. And new to new price is less for CP. But resale is tougher on CP.

I have no dog in this hunt. Won't ever buy a new boat. By the time I do buy a boat (if I ever do that again), common knowledge has sorted this out. But its fun to watch the internets and the googles speed the process up.

• Baller
@SkiKolb - I think they are helping you out by telling you what most buyers are thinking when they see a nearly new boat that was not kept clean and has broken items inside. It might not be an accurate assessment of how the mechanical parts of the boat were taken care of, but it is going to cause a lot of people to turn around and walk away.

• Administrators
@dave2ball‌ any boat poorly maintained or set up wrong will drive like crap. I would challenge anyone to drive my CP or my neighbors CP and say they do not drive exceptionally well.

Goode HO Syndicate   KD Skis ★ MasterCraft ★ PerfSki  

Radar ★ Reflex ★ S Lines ★ Stokes

Drop a dime in the can