Quadcopter Recommendation

skinut

• Baller
It looks like more and more videos are being shot from quadcopters. I am interested in purchasing one to use to film while skiing. Those of you using quadcopters what kind of copter do you recommend and why?

The cheapest and easiest way to get into this is with a DJI phantom 2 with a go pro gimbal, however it is limited in what wind it can handle, there is no redundancy, and it isnt THAT stable. If you want something past this with a stabilized yaw axis etc please give me a call 512-739-5102. See my website for an example of what I can do www.usaerialimaging.com

• Baller

@kfennell I agree with you that the DJI Phantom 2 is the best way to get started with this crazy world of Aerial Video work. As you well know there is so much more to this gig. Everyone seems to thinks that it is super easy, well let's just say this is not easy by any means. the first thing you need to do is learn to fly that thing. It is not quite as simple as buying the right rig and amazingly you have great videos. It takes time to figure out how to fly first then you can start to figure out how to make a good video. for anyone that wants to get involved I would suggest starting with a DJI Phantom then wait to mount a camera to after you have leaned how to fly it.

This video was shot entirely with a DJI Phantom and a 3 axis gimbal that is new for DJI with in the last couple of weeks. the costs are about $1200.00 for all the copter stuff then you have the GoPro, video editing software, extra parts, replacement parts after you crash and all the other sundries.

Rigs like @kfennell supplies are a bit more, but as professionalism increases so does costs.