Enter the GOODE Bracket challenge and win $5,000

Horton

• Administrators

http://www.goode.com/images/GoodeBracketChallenge.jpg

Are you a fan of water skiing? Could you use $5,000? Then the GOODE Virtual Water Ski Bracket ChallengeTM is for you!

The Bracket Challenge is back and bigger than ever in 2014, with an expanded field and a greatly enhanced, March Madness-style online bracket that fans can use to make their picks, follow the action, track their competition and win prizes, including $5,000 in cash for a perfect bracket. Fill out and submit your bracket here.

After debuting last year with eight skiers, the 2014 Bracket Challenge field features 32 of many of the world’s top Men’s and Women’s 34 mph skiers, including defending champion and Women’s world record holder Regina Jaquess, veteran pro April Coble-Eller, and Big Dawg champions Jeremy Newby-Ricci, Dave Miller, Chad Scott, Kyle Tate, and Jay Leach. For the complete competitors list and Round 1 match ups, see below.

Don’t miss out on your chance to win great prizes like $5,000, a new Nano OneXT and other GOODE gear. Fill out your bracket today at goode.com/bracket.

The deadline to enter the bracket contest is June 17th.

HOW IT WORKS

The GOODE Bracket Challenge has five rounds: 32, 16, 8, 4 and 2 competitors. In each round higher seeds will face off against lower seeds in head-to-head bracketed match ups. For example, in the first round match ups will include seed No. 1 vs. No. 32, No. 2 vs. No. 31 and so on.

It’s “virtual” because the first three rounds will use scores from any nationally (any country) sanctioned tournaments competitors ski in during the months of June (round 1), July (round 2) and August (round 3). At the end of each month, the skier that has the single highest score will win that bracket and advance. In other words, during the first three rounds skiers won’t ski head-to-head at the same tournament, we’ll just use their top single score from that month – any location, any sanctioning classification – to determine the winner. If there is a tie we go to each skier’s second-highest score.

While the first three rounds will each take place virtually over three months, the final two rounds, the Final Four, will be a live head-to-head face off at a record-capability tournament we are hosting on Sept. 9 and 10, at GOODE Ski Lake in Ogden, Utah.

Last year’s Bracket Challenge started with a field of eight and was won by Regina Jaquess, who edged top seeded Todd Ristorcelli in the championship round.

Goode HO Syndicate   KD Skis ★ MasterCraft ★ PerfSki  

Radar ★ Reflex ★ S Lines ★ Stokes

Drop a dime in the can

• Baller

I am an idiot. I just best against Regina again.

(Well, not against @GOODESkier. While I am in awe of his accomplishments so far, I'm not THAT dumb...)

I was mildly surprised by my own pick to win it. Instinct kicked in unexpectedly. (I can't reveal who it is yet, since that can only hurt my changes of winning.)