fin or binder adjustment help

disland

• Baller

This video is first set on 67" Quest, 35 off 36mph. I got the wakeye app working well. There seems to be a slight tip rise on both sides. Is this a problem? Any of you all have advice on fin or binder adjustments that may be required?

• Baller
Thanks for including video @disland‌. It makes a BIG difference. It looks to me like you are finding it too easy to engage too much tip, which is not unusual for a good skier on a factory setup. You have so much tip in the water around the ball, especially on your off-side, that you have to release it quickly at the finish of the turn before it over turns. That release is the tip rise you're seeing. If that was my video, I'd be back a little with the bindings and reduce my FL by at least .015" and increase FD by .005". That would be 6.910 (tips), 2.515, .745, and ≈29.7" on the front binding. A follow up video would be helpful for fine tuning.

• Administrators

But not a full 3/8" standard hole. If that is not enough I might take out .005 depth. OR go .005 forward. I would do these one at a time.

That is my method. Not saying it is better than @SkiJay‌'s more aggressive approach....

Goode HO Syndicate   KD Skis ★ MasterCraft ★ PerfSki  

Radar ★ Reflex ★ S Lines ★ Stokes

Drop a dime in the can

Hi, exactely the problem I have with my quest - a lot of tip rise - tried to move the bindings back one hole (reflex bindings) yesterday (at first only front binding = still the same) (2.nd both bindings = a smaller improvement) - (how do you micro adjust)?

And how do you measure reflex binding placement? (the boot is curved)?

Great Forum :)

• Baller
@Stevie Boy‌ A shallower fin will let the ski roll more quickly and up onto a steeper edge. It will also allow the tail to smear a little easier which is good if the tail feels a bit stuck at the finish of the turn, but it can cost you a little bit of acceleration. It will also feel slightly more nimble or less secure. .005" is a small enough move that nothing serious will happen.