What is easier......

ctsmith

Easier in an absolute sense or easier to do well. I think its easier to go full throttle and point the boat then it is to watch for other boats, make sure the guy hasnt fell off and the ski is catching water, keep the other kids in the boat in line, etc.

• Baller

Safe public lake tubing requires a TON of situational awareness at all times. Turns this way and that way, 360's, timing the wakes for some fun, and also managing traffic. Problem is most wally tubing is done by the inexperienced monitoring none of the above...which requires even more diligence from the rest of us.

I'm not trying to be a snob. I will have my wife pull me barefooting but would not have her pull the kids tubing.

• Baller

Yah should qualify that as I pull a lot of tube...it's more than 10 mph. 20 or so and the tube speed on the swing who knows...my guess is they hit 30 mph. When pulling like that on a public lake the situational scan is key. 10 mph or under the tube probably has not even planed.

When I have kids on the tube on our public lake I'm looking to give them a good time but safety is a serious priority and I'm all over my mirrors, as well as constantly scanning the lake prior to making the next turn. Driving slalom well in controlled conditions is less stressful for me as there are far fewer variables.

• Baller
yes I'm driving the boat and Stephen Seal was doing some sking. If they would have used the Nautique 200 things would have gone way better. Outboard with camera crew , pylon on rear wow! Rather pull Open Men.