Nix the Drone Cam!

please dont let this disuade anyone from using a drone in a webcast in the future. That was basically a toy drone and not nearly representative of what is available! Wireless HDMI is even available now so there is no excuse for that!

• Baller

They didn't use it for the Junior's shootout - which was amazing by the way!

@kfennell don't get me wrong! I love drone footage, but when I'm watching a ski competition, I find multiple camera angles distracting and there's no better vantage point than from the pylon.

• Baller_
The drone cam they used was a toy. We were 20' away from it. Buy it on line for under $1200. Last week I experienced a highly enginered quad that can do 60mph. That's not a lie. The kid that built it already has investors for more R&D. I was his first skiing subject. Kept up to me and a later jumper no problem. He could fly it for miles without issue. The amount of engenering that goes into pushing a signal with 0 interferance of any kind was amazing. Wasnt pretty like the toy used here. It's to bad cause there are really good units out there and plenty amazing videos that prove that on BOS. The toy was not a good idea.

• Baller_
@MattP toys relative to a true working drone. Like I said, had the privalidge to be part of a video where a done of significant caliber was used. It was no where near 10k. Not even close to 5k as the pilot was a college engineer and built it. Not from a kit either. Hell of a smart kid I might add. I have his number and can garentee a spectacular innovative and well produced video. He's soon to be flown to NY to film a music festival. Won't cost as much as one would think. Give me a contact number. I'm sure he'd love another gig or two.