How to tell a Wally buoy is properly inflated?

Than_Bogan

• Baller

I understand the point is not to inflate them "fully" -- but I feel like there's a pretty large range possible.

Does anybody have guidelines on how to do it for the best tradeoff of safety and visibility?

(We are trying them out this year. We tried Bubble Buoys last year and liked some aspects, but on a public lake with a loosely organized club, the maintenance was just too much.)

• Baller
And that minimum size is 20cm or 7.8 inches. Strangely worded rules....7.8 to 11 inches 7.8 recommended. Why give a range and then recommend the minimum, duh. Same goes for height out of water....3.9 to 6.75 with 3.9 recommended.

• Baller

We keep ours at max the minimum which doesn't give them a completely round shape. They are sort of puckered, but hey, it's practice anyway and doesn't count, at least until you run over one and don't even feel it.

Come to think about it, I inflated fully and then bled air out to make the rubber more giving. If that makes sense.

• Baller
Ditto on @AB. Actually, over inflate them and leave them in the warm sun for a day. Then deflate to the 7.8" diameter. The over inflation will loosen/spften them up even more. They will holed their shape just fine when you let the air back out to get them to the minimum reg. size.