Smith out of Masters and ProAm

Horton

• Administrators

Nate texted me the following:

I hyperextended my left knee. Tore what's called the capsule in the back of my knee which allowed the knee to bend way too far the wrong way and crunch the bones in the front. I have. Tibia plateau fracture. Have about 3 more weeks of recovery and I'll be back on the water. I could ski the masters but if I crashed and got hurt I would need surgery immediately so it's not worth it.

Goode HO Syndicate   KD Skis ★ MasterCraft ★ PerfSki  

Radar ★ Reflex ★ S Lines ★ Stokes

Drop a dime in the can

• Baller
I hate that he will not be there to compete. I do hope that Nautique would invite the next man down the list to ski, but it seems I recall them not doing that in the past and just leaving the field short.

• Baller

WHAT?!!! He can jump in an out of a speeding boat wearing nothing but feet with no prior experience, and run 41 off in a high tail wind, but jumping from a stationary wall to the stationary ground took him down?!!! That is weirdly cruel!

Heal quickly and fully, Nate.

• Baller
I recently broke my tibia and almost wish it had been a result of jumping off a wall rather than skiing. I'm nervous to get back on the water... I doubt I'll be skiing a month from now even though I have not been in any pain. Until then, I'd love to watch the rest of the shortbus footage while I'm glued to the couch.