Don't forget to tune into Swiss Pro Tricks this Sunday

https://www.swissprotricks.com/

Horton Horton

How good are you at ski set up?

Horton

• Baller_
I am king of trial and error. Usually takes me long enough to get a ski dialed in were the next seasons skies have come out. Well, maybe not that bad. I do tinker way to much. The S2 has to be the most opposite in adjustment making ski. If I think it should be A turns out B works better. Setting up others skies seems to be way easier with much better results.

• Baller
I'm best at deciding which binding holes work best :) Then I might fart around with the fin a bit initially but then mostly I fart around with trying to ski better. My ski doesn't do anything it isn't told to do by my technique or lack thereof. Predictable, stable, fast...it's on me.

• Baller

Wish I knew more about it. At an Andy clinic a few years ago Andy took a good 10 mins to adjust my fin and I went out and skied best of season performance.

Anyone have a 1-page "cheat sheet" that we could all benefit from without downloading the $50 fin adjustment guide from shchnitz?

• Baller

I set up skis for other skiers all the time with usually with good results. I'm a big fun of factory numbers and then work from there.

My ski is dialed , I like to limit ski adjustments to the off season and when I feel happy with the result, try to ski as much as possible with the same setup and focus on technique, I wish!

• Baller
Does anyone know where to find the sheet you can print out paper copies of wing angles? I thought it was on the Goode site, but I can't seem to find it. This should give an indication of the level of ski setter upper I am..

• Baller
I probably look at 3-4 different fin adjustment pages before making a change. I feel like they are all saying the same thing but some sites are better at putting fin movement into problems and fixes and others focus more on how the ski rides. Sometimes I want to adjust the attitude of the ski and others I'm looking to correct a poor attribute and it seems like one of them usually speaks the language I'm looking for.

• Baller
Frustrated by all the conflicting and incomplete info out there I set out to figure out as much as I could about seven years ago and have never let up. I test all the ski's I can get my hands on, experiment with just about every theory I come across, and tech for anyone with an open mind. Ski tuning is fascinating.

• Baller
No idea what I'm doing but I'm still better at it that @horton by a long shot. @garywilkinson that list from Schnitz is actually cheap when you calculate all the gas and time you spend trying to learn this stuff. Believe me, it would come in handy for ya.