how many of you are on a ski you are confident is the best ski on the market for you?

skier2788

• Baller
I know my ability is well exceeded by my ski; however, the ski compliments my ability so that, as my ability increases, the performance of the ski increases in a ratio greater than 1:1. I still keep my other slalom ski, though, just in case.

• Baller_
@ski6jones I wouldn't want to do 15 sets and then a review, just get on them and ride to see if it would be worth taking more sets on them. The good thing is that I have 2 new Monzas as fall back skis.

• Baller

Coaching has easily shown me that it's completely me and not my ski. It's hard breaking old habits that I've perfected over the years!

But change is a necessary evil if I want to improve this I know!!!!!

That and yes I still want a new ski!

• Baller
I went with the I think the 2014 option because none of the others really fit either. I was only on a couple of different skis last year and I know that my current ski is better for me than the other one I tried. There are 3 or 4 others I would like to try and one of them might be the magic ski but I likely won't get the chance. Trying new skis is much harder than trying new golf clubs so I will probably just stick with what I have for this year and think about it next year.

• Baller
Love my ski and very comfortable on it...having said that give me time on any of the new skis to get comfy and I'm willing to bet I have similar personal limits. Question might be which one allows me to be at the limit more consistently, or with less overall work. Or...which one allows me to get out the end gates on my tougher passes despite my usual errors.

• Baller
Testing a lot of skis is simply not in the cards for me. Even trying 3 or 4 different new sticks each season would be challenge for me. I love my ski and it can take me where I want to go but I always have that curiosity of how other sticks would work for me. I am Irish and stubborn and have brand loyalty to the Kidder/KD/D3 family. That said my top-3 wishlist would be the Vapor, A3 and the new Helix. I'm currently on a Fusion.

• Baller

I LOVE testing new skis. Because of my decades of setting up race car suspensions, dialing in a new ski is fascinating and I can't get enough.

Winter is my favourite time of year because I ski on everything I can get my hands on and have a perfectly good excuse to mess with each setup to my heart's content. By this time of year, I know I have the best ski for me. Once I have it dialed in, I pretty much leave it alone so I find myself looking forward to the next test season and the next batch of new skis.

• Baller
If the option of: I love my ski but I think there might be another ski that suits my style better was an option I would have chosen that. Have spent 1 season on the A3 - and I love it. I tested a Mapple 6.1 back in december and ran 1 28 off after having not been on the water in over three months. Not bad in my book. I'd love a Mapple........