Home for Sale in Whitestone Lake Estates

webbdawg99

• Baller
I looked at it on the map, and there is only one lake on that particular satellite image. Where is the 2nd one in relation to the first one that shows up on the satellite images? It appears that particular house isn't actually on the water?

• Baller

@Sethro Here's a screenshot from zillow showing the home's location. As OB stated, none of the homes are ON the water....but many have lake views. The developer wanted to keep the surroundings as natural as possible. So instead of seeing houses when you're on the water, you see the natural surroundings. Its honestly one of the most beautiful sites I've ever been to.

The photo that OB posted was taken from the south end of the lakes looking north. If you look closely at OB's photo, you can see the jump ramp on the right in lake 1.

525ca215b488262980773d12aa4950.png

• Baller
My wife wants to move to GA someday, but it likely won't be considered until retirement. At least 12 years for me, and probably more like 15-16 for her. But that would be at the top of my list to look for if that day comes. I said TN, and wife said GA, so that spot in northern GA looks like a pretty good compromise.

• Baller
@webbdawg99 nearest place a doc can make a living? Unfortunately not in the cards in the short term with kids 15 and 12. I like that house especially the interior design and wooded lot....well that and the two kick butt ski lakes!

• Baller

@6balls Jasper, Canton, Ellijay. Canton is a boom town. They are currently building a brand new hospital there. As the urban sprawl of Atlanta moves further North, Whitestone is becoming more and more accessible to all kinds of amenities. It's located halfway between Jasper and Ellijay. Between those two towns, you have everything you could ask for. Home Depot is in Jasper and Lowes is in Ellijay. Zaxby's is in Jasper and Chick-fil-A is in Ellijay. You get the idea. We love it so much here that my wife commutes to downtown Atlanta (65 miles). We originally purchased the home as a second home but after the first weekend, we started making plans to move fulltime. We moved up fulltime in March and are SOOOOOOOOO happy here. The people in the community are awesome. Its in the "country" but still close to city centers and modern conveniences. We are gonna be here for a LONG time!

When are you and @Razorskier1 gonna hop on the plane and come down for a few days???? Gilmer County airport is 5 miles away!

• Baller
@webbdawg99 we will hit your joint for sure. Unfortunately weather is now becoming compatible but I'm heading for neck surgery that will keep me from flying/driving/skiing for a bit. With that perhaps this fall works; I'll be a rusty hack but don't care a bit! Would love to shoot down there and hang out/ski and explore the area a bit.