Nano One change 2012 to 2014 ?

fpjl

• Baller

@fpjl @Than_Bogan‌ I think what he was asking, is if he wanted the Nano One if he got a 2012 used would it be the same as ordering a new Nano One from the factory. My guess is yes, but if you were to order a new ski, you should try the XT! Just my 2 cents.

To get the whole story call GOODE and ask. Ext 155 is Rick.

• Baller
Perhaps there's more than just symantics at work ("twist" vs. "asymmetric rocker"), because I recall that the Twist was polarizing -- some loved and some hated -- whereas it seems like the XT is almost universally well-liked? Or maybe it just hasn't been out long enough for the honeymoon to end and me to hear from the folks who don't like it!?

• Baller

If I'm understanding @scotchipman correctly, yet another way to think about it is that the Twist features a "net twist" -- i.e. the angle of the surface continues to rotate in one direction. Whereas the XT might be called a "bend" or a "ripple" or ... how 'bout "asymmetric rocker" -- i.e. there is some change of the surface angle in the middle but then it rotates back.

So I guess I agree with Goode's terminology: Typically when we use the word "twist" I think we mean a continued increase in angle as we go. Apparently the XT doesn't do that (taking scot's word for it).

• Baller
We have had at least 5 Nano one skis made in different time frames ( within 14 months) and as long as I measure with tips, not jaws, they all ski almost identical. If we set the fin up with jaws it's not the same, which means the fin settings were coming up dramatically different. (I have written about this before) I left one in South Africa and one at my house in TX and if I wouldn't have had one made in green to be different, I'm not sure I could have told you which was which. The two skis were made almost 12 months apart. Changing liners actually seems more significant and messes with me. I carried those back and forth when possible.