Don't forget to tune into Swiss Pro Tricks this Sunday

https://www.swissprotricks.com/

Horton Horton

Elbow brace

LZywicki1

• Baller
I've dealt with golfer's elbow for a couple of years, to the point I had to stop skiing a while. My ortho gave me a Band-it. I since got one to wear on my other, too. Most of the braces get wet and stretch, and become useless. These have helped me a lot. At the moment, my elbows are good, but I'm wearing them as a preventative measure...

• Baller
Get yourself a bent or radius handle as well. In my experience, most skier elbow pain stems from taking slack hits and hyper extending the elbow. The above brace is what I went to first but moved to a bent handle and have not had any issues since. Also, you should try to address the technical weaknesses you have so you do not take as many slack hits.

• Baller
I've been using a bent or radius handle for the most part of the past 20 years,( love the double bent from Brenda). Most of my problems come from age, those slack hits at one ball trying to figure out the gates 10-20 years ago and golf ,(just a problem in my left arm). Some how in my old age I've learned its just not worth it 95% of the time to take those hits.

Larry -----<|

• Baller
Second the Bandit! Just have to play around with the tension as your arms will get pumped up from skiing and it will get tighter than your initial setting. Curved handles help,too, and I go a step further and switch diameter every other time. I don't have proof it works but why not? And stretch the beejeevers out of your forearms before and after skiing.

• Baller
I've never used the bandit. In fact, I'll probably get one, but I can say that I've strained my forearm doing pull-ups trying to get back in shape. I wouldn't even attempt to ski without using a brace right now. They make a huge difference in the amount of strain on my forearm during workouts and during skiing.

• Baller

Suffered with golfers elbow for a few seasons and had to grin and bear it.

Until... I did 2 things:

1) adjusted my technique and decision criteria to let go in order to reduce taking hits from slack line.

2) tried a radius (bent) handle.

These 2 things have reduced this painful condition to almost zero past 2 seasons. If it does come back a bit, it's ice packs and Band-it for sure. But as previously mentioned, the band doesn't cure the condition, only reduce the pain.

• Baller

I've been using a StraghtLine double bend handle for the past few years until last year and went back to a straight, couldn't find a new one, till the end of the year when I got a double bend from InTow.

Any thoughts on difference between single or double.Q

Larry -----<|