wakeye question

swaterkd

• Baller
@swaterkd‌ You are on the right track trying to protect your iPhone, but respectfully, a better option is a cheap used GoPro Hero 2. The pylon shakes so violently when (not if) the handle gets popped, I've had to remove the battery from GoPros to reset them—and they are built for abuse. I've seen water splashed on them, people hit them with their skies, and grab them while reaching instinctively for the pylon. Do you really want this life for your iPhone 5s?

• Baller_
Was very excited about the Wakeye app for my iPad use on my tracking mount until I realized it requires location GPS type points for speed (aka has to be wifi or on a paid phone type network). Would love to see them use another type of indicator such as dB for record/stop with the option to increase or decrease those levels. Inside noise hits that certain set decibel, say 60dB and it starts to record. dB drops below set dB and it stops recording. Would it be that hard to add additional set perimeters in an app like that @MattP? The recording would be a bit longer then then a set speed but well worth not having to find the record/stop button when your the driver not to mentions sun glare.

• Baller
@wish Thanks for pointing this out. I was planning to use an old iPhone4 but I am not going to get a cell phone plan just for this. no way am I using my new iPhone 5 for this. I have a general rule if you bring phones into boats its not if your phone will end up in the lake but when.

• Baller
I got to use my new wakeye mount with ipad mini and it works really well. You do not need the idevice subscribed to a cell service for the app to work. It turns on and off based on speed very well. Just set it up and leave it alone. The problem now is at the end of the day, you might have more videos than you wanted... Delete, delete, delete...