Numbers for the Nano One 65.25" ?

Chuck_Dickey

Just getting started again after 7 months on the DL and am looking for the latest numbers for boots and fin. Like reconstructing a golf swing, want to make sure the equipments dialed so I can concentrate on the "ME" part of the equation.

Since this skis been out for a while, what are the best (newest) numbers for the Nano One 65.25" ?

Running the Reflex front (white cuff) 28.875" and R style rear 17.25"

• Baller

I'm 5'8" and 145 lbs and just got on the N-1 a few weeks ago. Factory fin settings were 2.495, 6.845, .71 dft, and 9 degrees on the wing. I was coming off a 9800 and could not get the N-1 to initiate the turn (on both on-side and off-side) as well as the 9800. I decided to reset the fin on the N-1 to my 9800 settings and it instantly started turning like a F-1 race car. I shallowed the fin to 2.440", increase wing angle to 9.5, and left the length untouched.

My personal theory is a lighter weight skier doesn't have the power of a larger/heavier skier, and can benefit from a quicker turning ski by shallowing the fin without risking blowing out the tail in a turn and giving up very little in cross course tracking.

What about boot placement. Read something new here recently but can't remember the numbers. Someone said Chad Scott recommended some new placement? I'm definitely not anywhere near his level (not when I'm awake anyway) but I have the desire!

Running the Reflex front (white cuff) 28.875" and R style rear 17.25"

• Baller

@scotchipman Bailey is 125lbs on a 65 XT and runs the same numbers she ran on her Nano One, which by the way are the same numbers I gave @ms in 2012 which he keeps posting. (I think this at least the 7 or 8th time he has posted them) They don't seem to change. By the way, gotta use tips on that length. The jaw not always the same from ski to ski.

• Baller
@scotchipman‌ Ahh, but The secret Is when @ms got them they weren't the stock numbers. See how influential that guy is. Everyone wants to be like @MS‌ Dft is key. Get that one wrong and It's not great.

The Nano One XT has a very narrow tail and if your rear boot is to far back you will rock back onto the tail and feel unbalanced on the ski. You need to keep the front boot back to at least 28.75 and in some cases 28.58 to maintain speed and to help the ski not stick in the turns. At the same time you need the rear boot about 17.1/8 to 17.25 so you don't get to tail heavy. In other words feet closer together works better on this ski.... Hope this helps.

• Baller

@David Miller

In order to get my front binding at 28.75 I have to change my front plate so I kept it at 28.5 and moved only my rear binding one hole forward to 17".

Also put the fin at your numbers, tried 2 sets and the XT was pretty solid at 28 and 32, but at 35 and 38 it felt like I had to work more to make it turn both sides.

Yesteday with my original setup run many 38's and today only one. Will try it a couple more days and let you know, will also download some video I did yesteday and tape more with your settings.

Thank you again for your help!

• Baller

@Chuck_Dickey‌ - I bought my black reflex plate a few months ago, see the photo I posted earlier in this thread, the plate is all the way to the front and still not getting 28.75. I have an old carbon plate with more holes on it, will change ASAP

@David Miller‌ - Yes I am on a XT, bought it from Dave last year at the Nationals / Big Dawg Final

• Baller

@David Miller

I am still with 28.5/17, my old Reflex plate has the same hole patern as my new one, so I will have to drill new holes for the Reflex release in order to move my bindings forward.

Today increased de wing angle to 9.5 and the ski is alive again, many 38's in the 2 sets and some solid 3@39 but thats the maximum I am getting so far.

Next set will have the plate ready for 28.75 and will let you know.

Thank you again

Alberto

PS: will download some video today and post here.