2001 Ski Nautique bubble back!

Jody_Seal

• Baller_

Great ski boat! we skied it Sat at Divorce lake. Re-powered EX 330, ZO. Wow I forgot how well these boats ski and drive. Probably thee best three event boat ever produced , and now with the re-power it is phenomenal!

Oh did I say it was for Sale?

http://www.ski-it-again.com/php/skiitagain.php?topic=Search&category=Comp_Boat&postid=27377

Boat is now here at Florida Inboards for a Fluff and Buff and some minor repair and tweeking!

• Baller_

What's Morbid about it?

It depends on who's doing the Install and where the engine and ZO is coming from!

New bob tail 343 re-power engine can run around $9000 sitting on my floor. As far as the install goes it is all about the deal! If the pull out engine has decent life left in it their is a market between $1500 and $2500, If the pull out unit is nothing more then core or (worse) scrap then again it boils down to the deal and the customer attitude! I have also been known to find warranty and low hour used engines from other sources.

If someone came into the shop and said pull my good condition 600 hour gt-40 and get me Zero Off the customer out of pocket would be somewhere $8500-$9500 (est) as I could sell the pull out and Perfect pass and still make a living.

Just a saying! There's really nothing morbid about it.

$8500-$9000 is actually not to bad considering if your 2000-2006 SN is paid for thats alot less money than going out and buying another $35-$45K slalom boat to have ZO. Plus its a whole new life cycle if your current engine has 1000+ hours on it.

• Baller
It's too bad that an engine as spectacular as a GT40 is pretty much useless to modern competition skiers because of ZO. I've owned my 2000 SN going on 9 seasons here and that mill never fails to fire instantly and pull like a locomotive. Incredible torque and even a very spritely top end, turning a 422 into 5K happily. Yet, here I am thinking about a re-power or driving my rig down to FL to trade for this one! Sigh.

• Baller_
Good luck to Matt the new owner of this boat. Matt is one of our Nations hero's as he is a Air force officer. The boat went into the Little Rock area where it will be the first ZO boat within the group that skis together. I feel bad about the delivery as the sale went down so fast we did not have time to get it run through the shop to give it a real good detail. I am glad the boat's overall performance sold it's self!