Who do all the ballers insure their boats through?

RazorRoss3

• Baller
State farm as they have my home, auto, boat etc. Get the group discounts and the agent is a local guy who provides good service. @razorross3 might want to get the old expedition in your name so you can insure it...even if on liability insurance only...to get multi-policy discount.

• Baller
I use progressive and pay about $300 a year and insure my boat for $20k. Thankfully haven't had to make a claim though. I have everything else through state farm but state farm would only insure my boat for the actual value which is about 5-10 times less than what I have into it after a lot of custom mods. I needed something that would insure my boat for what I'd be willing to settle for if my boat got destroyed.

• Baller_
+1 Progressive and about the same price. Made one big claim. Was 100% taken care of without issue, hassle, or increase in premium. Purchased a newer boat and rate went down. Can't imagine a better insurance.

• Baller
+1 for Progressive also. Neighbors 197 slung a prop blade after hitting a turtle in the course and Progressive gave him more than it cost him to repair the hull damage. When renewal time came up for my 197 I switched from Ski-Safe and saved over $100/yr.

• Baller

Jim Devito in San Diego with Alcott insurance does mine. Of course he is also in charge of making sure that the boats at Imperial are insured - solves that problem when bringing a boat to a tournament (I am especially happy to support college tournaments).Jim's son is an open rated tricker and a great overall skier. Jim is a great guy and a major part of Imperial Lakes.

Eric

• Baller

Progressive right now. Pay just under $400 for $35k in coverage. Doesn't seem out of line with what is being posted.

I used to have State Farm - had been with them for over ten years and they wouldn't budge when I asked what they could do with their rates....I dropped them immediately - they just weren't competitive. Each case will be a little different depending on area and market conditions.

• Baller
Ski Safe. I had a 2005 Tige burn in a storage barn fire. I was all a panic until the rep from Ski Safe said 'Pat your all covered.. go shopping'. No hassles, got full value insured for plus trailer. Can't tell you what a relief that was. They will have my business for years to come.

• Baller
State Farm - also has our vehicles, camper, homeowners. We did have to file a claim last fall, our boat shed was broken into. We had some damage to the boat, ski equipment stolen, and boat equipment (battery, drain plug) stolen. They paid for the estimates on the damages and replacement value for all of the ski and boat equipment that was stolen. We had $$ in pocket within weeks. Several other boat owners in the shed were not a lucky, their policies did not cover any ski equipment or replacement cost.

• Baller
Global Marine is my choice for both my personal and our club boat- they were the only ones I could get to $1M. Most umbrella policies have questionable language with respect to slalom course use, which is why I went with the max limits. It is about $400/ year each for an 11 BU and 05 197.