FYI - 2012 Indmar 5.7L motors

oldjeep

• Baller

Maybe this is old news, but it was posted on the MalibuCrew site. It is a recall from Indmar to have water pumps inspected on 2012 5.7L engines. Turns out that I've got the first serial in the range and mine was never checked. The previous owner never heard of the recall, so maybe there are some others out there.

http://www.indmardealersupport.com/service.php

Scroll down to here:

Water Circulating Pump Replacement on Certain 2012 Model 5.7L Engines

ADVISORY: SB2013-1

• Baller
Unfortunately it looks like I have one of the engine serial numbers for this recall. Anyone else? Anyone know what the issue with the circulating water pump is? Am I in jeopardy if I keep running the boat?

• Baller_
Actually the pump problem was not just with Indmar. Any marinizer who purchased from GM 5.7 engines during a specific time frame have the potential for circulation pump failure. PCM sent out a bulletin with engine serial numbers that have the potential problem. I am sure Crusader and Ilmore to have the problem.

• Baller
Mine had the bad pump and there was an additional recall on some of the plumbing around that pump. I don't have the recall information as I was informed by my service guy of this additional recall and he was going to handle it. He said there was some type of plumbing kit the factory will send as well. Just passing it along; make sure to ask if they don't mention it.