Two firefighters lost in Boston

Than_Bogan

• Baller

This week, their lives are being celebrated at massively-attended wakes.

They died battling a fire that completely and rapidly consumed a multi-story residential building. ALL of the residents were saved.

I don't know of any firemen who are regulars here on BoS, but perhaps there are some. I do know there are some military and some law enforcement folks.

To every single person willing to risk his or her life to save the lives of people you don't even know, I can only say:

THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart.

• Baller
@Than_Bogan‌ I am a regular visitor but I do not post too often. I have been a firefighter for 23 years here in Edmonton, Alberta. My two brothers gave the ultimate sacrifice doing their job. It makes us all bleed when someone goes down... Thank you for your post, it means so much.

"Do Better..."

• Members
My son-in-law is a firefighter, he is the wonderful father of two little angles ( my granddaughters), Sometimes we take for granted how lucky we are to have these wonderful public servants looking out for our loved ones. THANK YOU, to ALL WHO serve.

• Baller
We hosted Joe Torillo tonight at our annual spring symposium. For those who do not know he was a fire fighter buried by the first tower on 9/11, survived it and was taken onto a boat nearby when the second tower collapsed and struck the boat only to bury him again in the engine compartment. He has gone on to create quite a legacy promoting patriotism, maximization of personal potential and gratitude for service of others. Hats off to those willing to do the jobs that may require the ultimate sacrifice in order to protect or save all that is good.

• Baller

As an 11 year veteran and battalion captain on a rural fire department, we don't spend much time in burning buildings. We did more medical, car wrecks, etc than structure fires. We did a fair amount of time on the road to fight wildland fires though. The urban interface fires could get pretty intense.

My hats off to the suburban/urban firefighters. The calls they respond to have a much higher danger level than those of us rural guys. My thoughts and prayers go out to the families of those lost in Boston.

I'm a FF with LA County. Any line of duty death is a big deal for us. We lost one of our own just over a week ago to an off-duty incident so we've been a bit more focused on him. He was a good guy and an avid swerver. The families and friends of our brothers in Boston are in our thoughts and prayers.

Our flags are currently at half staff for the victims af the recent Ft. Hood shootings. There is far too much tragedy in the news right now.